Guess I should close up shop. According to Rochdale Securities banking analyst Richard Bove, the financial crisis is over. From CNBC staff writer Jeff Cox this afternoon:
The Federal Reserve’s report this week on its $3.3 trillion bailout of the global banking system shows that the financial crisis is finally over, banking analyst Dick Bove said.
While the information on who borrowed from the US central bank contained surprises—such as the extent to which European banks had access to the money and that Goldman Sachs was “significantly weaker than anyone knew”—the overview is that the bailout helped save the system, said Bove, of Rochdale Securities.
“The biggest point that one should derive from this information, because what has been revealed now is ancient history, is that the only entity that needs this money any longer is the United States government,” he said in a research note to clients entitled “Financial Crisis Is Over.”
Last year, Bove also said that the U.S. housing crash is over. On October 21, 2009, He told CNBC’s “Squawk Box”:
I really believe that the industry has bottomed, that we’re not going to see further crashes in home prices or in home sales.
As much as I’d like to believe Mr. Bove regarding his assessments of housing and the financial system, I think I’ll continue writing a bit longer.
After all, Bove might be having another Wells Fargo moment.
Cox, Jeff. “Fed’s Bailout Report Shows Financial Crisis Is Over: Bove.” CNBC.com. 2 Dec. 2010. (http://www.cnbc.com/id/40473315/). 2 Dec. 2010.
“Housing Market Has Bottomed, Banking Analyst Bove Says.” CNBC.com. 21 Oct. 2009. CNBC.com. (http://www.cnbc.com/id/33411724/Housing_Market_Has_Bottomed_Banking_Analyst_Bove_Says). 2 Dec. 2010.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Americans And ‘EU Passport’-Holding Jihadists Fighting In Syria Scrutinized As Potential Terrorists
- Why Illinois Lawmakers Chose Tuesday To Possibly ‘Fix’ The State’s Public Pension Crisis
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70