While researching personal safety issues, it’s amazing how often I see people put forth arguments about guns without knowing the facts (now that I think about it, this just doesn’t apply to firearms). I learned a long time ago that if you want others to take you seriously- you’ve got to know what you’re talking about. Thankfully, last year I discovered an excellent, free resource for firearm facts that exists out on the Internet- Gun Facts, “Freedom for the rest of the world.” From the site:
Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control. It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.
Gun Facts has 98 pages of information. Divided into chapters based on gun control topics (assault weapons, ballistic finger printing, firearm availability, etc.), finding information is quick and easy.
Each chapter lists common gun control myths, then lists a number of documented and cited facts (with nearly 500 detailed footnotes). Thus when a neighbor, editor or politician repeats some sound bite about firearm control policy, you can quickly find that myth then rebuke with real information.
Created by writer Guy Smith, Gun Facts is now on version 5.1 and talks about the following topics:
• Gun Shows
• Assault Weapons
• Sniping Rifles- Sniper Rifles
• Handguns For Women Handgun Sales
• Violence and Violent Crime
• 2nd Amendment Issue
• “Pocket Rockets” and “Saturday Night Specials”
• Concealed Carry and Concealed Weapons Permits
• Licensing and Registration
• Firearm Deaths (Homicide, Accidents)
• Social Costs of Guns
• Children and Guns
• Automatic Weapons
• 50 Caliber Rifles
• Ballistic Fingerprinting
• Assault Weapons Ban
• Crime Gun Traces
• International Gun Ownership and Crime
• Gun Dealers
• Gun Control Statistics
• Deadly Force Encounters
• Guns, Crime, Criminology, and Crime Prevention (Self-Defense)
• Firearm Availability
• Guns and Police (Law Enforcement/LEO)
While Smith may be an unabashed supporter of gun rights, his work is indispensable to anyone talking about gun issues as it deals with firearm facts, rather than opinion.
(Editor’s note: Link to Gun Facts added to “Resources” page)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas