While researching personal safety issues, it’s amazing how often I see people put forth arguments about guns without knowing the facts (now that I think about it, this just doesn’t apply to firearms). I learned a long time ago that if you want others to take you seriously- you’ve got to know what you’re talking about. Thankfully, last year I discovered an excellent, free resource for firearm facts that exists out on the Internet- Gun Facts, “Freedom for the rest of the world.” From the site:
Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control. It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.
Gun Facts has 98 pages of information. Divided into chapters based on gun control topics (assault weapons, ballistic finger printing, firearm availability, etc.), finding information is quick and easy.
Each chapter lists common gun control myths, then lists a number of documented and cited facts (with nearly 500 detailed footnotes). Thus when a neighbor, editor or politician repeats some sound bite about firearm control policy, you can quickly find that myth then rebuke with real information.
Created by writer Guy Smith, Gun Facts is now on version 5.1 and talks about the following topics:
• Gun Shows
• Assault Weapons
• Sniping Rifles- Sniper Rifles
• Handguns For Women Handgun Sales
• Violence and Violent Crime
• 2nd Amendment Issue
• “Pocket Rockets” and “Saturday Night Specials”
• Concealed Carry and Concealed Weapons Permits
• Licensing and Registration
• Firearm Deaths (Homicide, Accidents)
• Social Costs of Guns
• Children and Guns
• Automatic Weapons
• 50 Caliber Rifles
• Ballistic Fingerprinting
• Assault Weapons Ban
• Crime Gun Traces
• International Gun Ownership and Crime
• Gun Dealers
• Gun Control Statistics
• Deadly Force Encounters
• Guns, Crime, Criminology, and Crime Prevention (Self-Defense)
• Firearm Availability
• Guns and Police (Law Enforcement/LEO)
While Smith may be an unabashed supporter of gun rights, his work is indispensable to anyone talking about gun issues as it deals with firearm facts, rather than opinion.
(Editor’s note: Link to Gun Facts added to “Resources” page)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chicago Aldermen Push For Styrofoam, Polystyrene Food Container Ban
- Solar Scientist: July 2012 Coronal Mass Ejection And 1859 Carrington Event Show Need To Prepare
- Project Prepper, Part 23: Removing That Military Surplus Smell
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?