You may have noticed that I’ve started displaying a few advertisements on the sidebar of Survival And Prosperity. Right now, I’ve got ads from Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center, Inc., BullionVault, and American Precious Metals Exchange (APMEX) up on the blog. Each of these advertisers were selected because I thought their products might benefit Survival And Prosperity readers and because of their reputations for providing quality products at fair prices, along with friendly customer service. Please note that by clicking on these ads and purchasing a product, I receive a commission from the sale.
Today I’d like to highlight Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center, Incorporated, out of Heber City, Utah. Nitro-Pak bills itself as “the world leader in emergency preparedness products.” From their website:
The story starts really starts in 1964. An 8-year-old boy caught the spirit of entrepreneurial dreams by reselling candy to local kids in his neighborhood. The first rule of business — “Find a Need and Fill It” was fulfilled because this boy wanted to fulfill his need of being able to buy candy for himself!
In the 9th grade, he started a paper route. He learned 2 facts — customers are demanding and good service is rewarded. He served for 4 years, and was twice named “Paper Boy of the Year”.
This boy — Harry Weyandt — has always dreamt about owning his own business. While preparing for the famous Southern California earthquakes, he saw a need. He learned about emergency preparedness, but his neighbors did not. So he started to help them out—he taught them what he knew, and then started to provide the products they needed. He started a “One Stop Shopping” business specializing in emergency preparedness supplies. He began the business with a $75.00 classified ad.
Harry and his wife Vickie began their dream business in the back bedroom of the home. Soon their garage became their first warehouse. Always thinking ahead and wanting to appear well established, they acted “as if” they were already the industry leaders. When customers would call to check on the status of their order, they would say “Let me check with the warehouse,” put the customer on hold, and run out to the garage.
Harry worked a 3rd shift at night to support their growing business. Four years later, they expanded into their first real store and warehouse, an amazing 1,500 square feet and a 3-year lease. He says this was the scariest decision he ever had to make.
With their dedication to customer service, their business grew so quickly that they moved in 18 months to a 4,300 sq ft facility. Within 2½ years, they realized their ultimate dream of moving the national mail-order business and their family to Utah. Settling in Heber City, they moved into an 11,000 sq ft building on Main Street. Harry recalls that the facility was “huge” and would last for at least another 10 years.
Surprise! It lasted only 4 more years and they were bursting at the seams. After finding the appropriate property, they decided to build a new state-of-the-art facility. They built the “Crown Jewel” of the Heber Industrial Park. This ultra-modern mail-order fulfillment center and corporate headquarters includes over 44,000 sq ft of showroom, offices, and warehouse space. Today, they have become the largest mail-order company in the nation specializing in freeze-dried food and emergency preparedness supplies.
Nitro-Pak has donated over $100,000 worth of food to the Utah Food Bank, the Rescue Mission, and to other charities for the homeless in Salt Lake City and Heber City.
Articles about Nitro-Pak range from local newspapers, Salt Lake Magazine, Fortune Magazine, the Associated Press, New York Times, Channel 4 “Eye Witness” News, and Nitro-Pak was excited to be mentioned in an article in the Wall Street Journal. Nitro-Pak was selected by the Heber Valley Chamber of Commerce as the business of the year in 1999.
Still enthusiastic about getting the nation prepared, Harry has been interviewed on numerous radio and television shows, including twice on CNN. He will talk your ear off about the value of having “security and peace of mind” for your family. Listen up — he makes some very good points.
On May 6, Preparedness Center, Inc. was named the winner in the “Preparedness Foods & Supplies” category for Utah’s Best of State Awards for 2011.
Some reasons to consider Nitro-Pak as your source for emergency preparedness products include:
• Nitro-Pak has been in business for 25 years
• They stock 98.9% of every item they sell
• As of today, most orders are shipping in approximately 1 to 3 business days
• They offer free shipping on most orders over $100
• They offer a low-price guarantee. Nitro-Pak says, “In the unlikely chance that you should find the same exact item in stock and selling for less in any other catalog or on any other website, bring it to our attention and we’ll beat it on most items… even up to 30 days after your purchase!
• Nitro-Pak also offers an unmatched 120-day “no-risk” guarantee. According to their site, “If you are not 100% pleased with any item you purchase from us, for any reason, we will promptly exchange it or give you a refund whichever you choose, less only shipping costs.”
And finally, zero complaints have been filed against Nitro-Pak in the last 3 years, according to the Better Business Bureau website- earning them an “A+” in their BBB Business Review.
Click on the banner ad below and see what Nitro-Pak, the largest mail-order company in the nation specializing in freeze-dried food and emergency preparedness supplies, can do for you. Please note that by clicking on the ad and purchasing a product, I receive a commission from the sale.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- BIS: Global Debt Markets Grow To Estimated $100 Trillion In 2013, Up From $70 Trillion In 2007
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas