For all my Chicago readers, City of Chicago public safety agencies are hosting an emergency preparedness workshop for residents this Wednesday. From the City’s website:
As part of its National Preparedness Month activities, the Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) will partner with the Chicago Police Department and Chicago Fire Department to host a personal preparedness workshop for Chicago residents on Wednesday, September 28, 2011.
The workshop, “Are You Prepared?” will take place from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Chicago Cultural Center, Gar Hall. It is free to the public, and no RSVP is required.
“This workshop is an opportunity for Chicago residents to receive important information on how to be prepared to handle emergency situations at home, at work and on the go,” said Gary W. Schenkel, OEMC Executive Director. In addition to providing information on general preparedness, other topics to be covered include: effective crime prevention strategies; becoming involved in community policing; protecting your home from fire-related accidents; teaching children how/when to call 9-1-1; and training citizens to assist the City during an emergency.
In June, the OEMC hosted a severe summer weather awareness workshop, and in addition to the September preparedness workshop, OEMC officials plan to host a severe winter weather awareness workshop later this year.
For more information on the workshop, please call 312-746-9454.
For additional information on National Preparedness Month, observed annually in September, please visit www.AlertChicago.com.
1 Comment to Chicago Emergency Preparedness Workshop This Wednesday
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70