When I first started Survival And Prosperity back in November 2010, I had a pretty good idea that 2012 would end up being a busy year in prepping/survival circles. In many ways it feels a lot like 1999 again. Although this time around, December 21, 2012, has replaced January 1, 2000, as the big day of concern. And instead of the Y2K bug that could have screwed up life as we know it, it’s the fear that a number of threats could lead to The End Of The World As We Know It, or TEOTWAWKI, that’s got a whole bunch of people worried 13 years later. In addition to the despair over the end of the 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar, there’s true polar wander (generically referred to a polar shift), solar superstorms, economic collapse, the list goes on. Pop culture, TV specials, and the Internet have ensured such threats now register on humanity’s radar. And just like in 1999, the emergency/survival preparedness industry is booming. Perry Chiaramonte wrote on the FOX News website earlier today:
As the date the Mayans predicted the world will end nears, restless ‘Occupy’ hordes rise up and rogue regimes threaten the world with nuclear weapons, one thing is sure: The doomsday business is booming.
From the society’s wealthiest and most powerful class to rural off-the-grid types, people are preparing for the worst, and sparing no expense on elaborate underground shelters, buying years’ worth of non-perishable foods and stockpiling fuel and ammunition. Some have embraced the term “preppers,” although precisely what they are preparing for varies…
It’s an interesting piece. You can read the rest of it on the FOX News website here.
1 Comment to FOX News: The Doomsday Business Is Booming
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas