The zombie craze. It’s been big for a while now. And while I personally don’t see myself becoming the victim of a roving band of animated corpses, I still recognize the value in this new-found interest in all-things-zombie. Discussing a recent zombie-themed pandemic drill held at Elmhurst College in the Chicago suburbs, I wrote back on March 8:
Glad to hear the zombie fad is serving a useful purpose, rather than just supplying the Chiller TV channel with an ample amount of low-budget programming.
Two things. First off, I wasn’t knocking Chiller TV. I find the channel to be a blast to watch late at night/early in the morning. Keep in mind, however, that comes from a USA Network “Up All Night” fan from the eighties/nineties.
Second, like with that pandemic drill, incorporating the zombie theme with preparedness training is proving to be popular with the general public. Case in point, this morning I came across a CNN/Money video segment on the Zombie Survival Course located in South Jersey (about 60 minutes outside of Philadelphia).
“Training for the zombie apocalypse”
CNN Money Video
While the Zombie Survival Course is obviously zombie apocalypse-themed, a quick look at what’s taught reveals its value in preparing for/dealing with other perhaps more-probable SHTF situations. From their website:
A few of the topics that are taught in our courses include:
• Find and create a safe environment and shelter
• Train in self-defense and melee weapons
• Handle and use a crossbow
• Use firearms-handgun, shotgun and rifle (live ammo)
• Stay healthy now and then
• Master the art of leadership
• Collect, prepare and store your supplies
• Acquire transportation (hotwire)
• And much more…
Looking on the Internet I noticed other zombie survival training classes out there these days.
The zombie apocalypse. Not exactly what many would envision TEOTWAWKI will be like. But don’t let that turn you off from training for it, as a number of topics taught could be very useful- especially for those just getting started in prepping/survivalism. And, quite frankly, it sounds like a whole lot of fun as well.
1 Comment to Zombie Survival Courses Useful For Preparedness Training?
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70