The zombie craze. It’s been big for a while now. And while I personally don’t see myself becoming the victim of a roving band of animated corpses, I still recognize the value in this new-found interest in all-things-zombie. Discussing a recent zombie-themed pandemic drill held at Elmhurst College in the Chicago suburbs, I wrote back on March 8:
Glad to hear the zombie fad is serving a useful purpose, rather than just supplying the Chiller TV channel with an ample amount of low-budget programming.
Two things. First off, I wasn’t knocking Chiller TV. I find the channel to be a blast to watch late at night/early in the morning. Keep in mind, however, that comes from a USA Network “Up All Night” fan from the eighties/nineties.
Second, like with that pandemic drill, incorporating the zombie theme with preparedness training is proving to be popular with the general public. Case in point, this morning I came across a CNN/Money video segment on the Zombie Survival Course located in South Jersey (about 60 minutes outside of Philadelphia).
“Training for the zombie apocalypse”
CNN Money Video
While the Zombie Survival Course is obviously zombie apocalypse-themed, a quick look at what’s taught reveals its value in preparing for/dealing with other perhaps more-probable SHTF situations. From their website:
A few of the topics that are taught in our courses include:
• Find and create a safe environment and shelter
• Train in self-defense and melee weapons
• Handle and use a crossbow
• Use firearms-handgun, shotgun and rifle (live ammo)
• Stay healthy now and then
• Master the art of leadership
• Collect, prepare and store your supplies
• Acquire transportation (hotwire)
• And much more…
Looking on the Internet I noticed other zombie survival training classes out there these days.
The zombie apocalypse. Not exactly what many would envision TEOTWAWKI will be like. But don’t let that turn you off from training for it, as a number of topics taught could be very useful- especially for those just getting started in prepping/survivalism. And, quite frankly, it sounds like a whole lot of fun as well.
1 Comment to Zombie Survival Courses Useful For Preparedness Training?
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana