Archive for May 7th, 2012
Now this sounds like it would not only be informative for preppers/survivalists/others, but also a lot of fun if you like vintage military aircraft. Plus, it’s for a good cause.
From the Facebook page of the 1st Annual Arizona Survivalist Show that’s scheduled to take place in Mesa on May 19:
Hey check out our upcoming event called the 1st Annual Arizona Survivalist Show. We have some excellent vendors lined up who are fully involved in this movement and we think you will be pleasantly surprised at the variety. If the “survival / prepper” movement interests you in even the slightest, then this is the event you need to attend.
This is also a great “2 for 1” event, as your cost of admission gets you into an incredible air museum, plus you can meet and purchase supplies from local “survival / prepper” vendors. Come out and support the museum.
I understand that 36 vendors have committed to the show to-date, including:
Zero Hour Power
Desert Food Storage
Urban Survivalist 1
Freedom Military Supply
Stop-N-Shop Military Surplus
Last Mag – Simulated Training
Outdoor Gear Barn
Arizona Citizens Defense League
Medd Packs USA
The Tactical Medic
Patriot Youth Corps
Common Sense Prepardness
Hostile Hare – Nick Klein
Burr Ridge Wood Products
The Clipper Shack
Marauders Tactical Training
Gear Up (Tim Ralston)
Helton & Co. Inc.
Deanna Householder – Wonder Oven
Thrive In Glendale
Ed Spietz – local author
Relocation – Move Phoenix
Freeze Dry Guy
Darrell Palmer – Grain Fed Storage Meat
Tank N Barrel
Thrive – Mesa
American Key & Safe
In addition, mini-seminars are scheduled to be held every 30 minutes in a designated education area.
Mark your calendars. Wish I could be there!
You can view a flyer for the event by clicking on the thumbnail graphic below:
Last Thursday, I blogged about the April 30 premiere of Training For The Apocalypse on the National Geographic Channel. From the IMDb website:
A documentary chronicling the journeys of survivalists, truth-seekers and prophets united in their preparations for global cataclysm and the near-extinction of humanity as they struggle to make sense of the world they live in now.
If you didn’t get a chance to watch the premiere, it will be re-broadcast tonight, Monday, May 7, at 6 PM Eastern Time on the National Geographic Channel.
Do you believe the world will end during your lifetime?
Findings from a recent poll show you wouldn’t be alone. From a press release on the Ipsos website last Tuesday:
One in seven (14%) global citizens agree ‘the world will come to an end during my lifetime,’ according to a new poll by global research company Ipsos on behalf of Reuters News. One in ten (10%) believe ‘the Mayan calendar, which some say ‘ends’ in 2012, marks the end of the world’ and another one in ten (8%) admit they ‘have been experiencing anxiety or fear because the world is going to end in 2012.’ The poll was conducted among 16,262 adults in 21 countries.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
The belief that the world will end soon appears to be more accepted among American adults. The Ipsos poll showed that 22 percent of adult respondents in the United States agreed with the statement “the world will come to an end during my lifetime.”
Personally, I would have found the survey even more interesting if Ipsos had asked not just about “the end of the world” but “the end of the world as we know it,” or TEOTWAWKI.
Yes, there is a difference.
You can read the entire press release on the Ipsos website here.
Gold is a great thing to sew into your garments if you’re a Jewish family in Vienna in 1939, but I think civilized people don’t buy gold, they invest in productive businesses.
-Charles Munger, Vice Chairman and partner of Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway, in a CNBC interview last Friday, May 4
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?