Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes.
-Jawaharlal Nehru (1st Prime Minister of independent India. 1889-1964)
Speaking of firearms and “Resources Of The Week,” the ROTW I named back on August 4, 2011- Gun Facts- was recently updated. Author Guy Smith has now released version 6.1 of the well-known free firearms reference e-book. From the Gun Facts website:
Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control. It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.
Gun Facts has 112 pages of information. Divided into chapters based on gun control topics (assault weapons, ballistic finger printing, firearm availability, etc.), finding information is quick and easy.
Each chapter lists common gun control myths, then lists a number of documented and cited facts (with nearly 500 detailed footnotes). Thus when a neighbor, editor or politician repeats some sound bite about firearm control policy, you can quickly find that myth then rebuke with real information.
When I first talked about this book back in December 2010, version 5.1 consisted of 98 pages of data debunking gun “control” myths.
Myths addressed in the new release include:
• Gun Shows
• Assault Weapons
• Sniping Rifles – Sniper Rifles
• Handguns For Women Handgun Sales
• Violence and Violent Crime
• 2nd Amendment Issue
• “Pocket Rockets” and “Saturday Night Specials”
• Concealed Carry and Concealed Weapons Permits
• Licensing and Registration
• Firearm Deaths (Homicide, Accidents)
• Social Costs of Guns
• Children and Guns
• Automatic Weapons
• 50 Caliber Rifles
• Ballistic Fingerprinting
• Assault Weapons Ban
• Crime Gun Traces
• International Gun Ownership and Crime
• Gun Dealers
• Gun Control Statistics
• Deadly Force Encounters
• Guns, Crime, Criminology and Crime Prevention (Self Defense)
• Firearm Availability
• Guns and Police (Law Enforcement/LEO)
Glad to see Guy Smith is keeping this resource up-to-date.
You can download the free e-book from the Gun Facts website here.
(Editor’s note: Link updated on “Resources” page)
2 Comments to New Book Alert: Gun Facts 6.1
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?