Here’s an interesting twist on recent gun “control” efforts in Illinois. From Political Editor Mike Flannery tonight on the website of FOX Chicago News:
State Rep. LaShawn Ford, co-chair of a legislative task force on guns, is proposing a compromise on assault weapons and concealed carry.
If gun-rights groups accept a ban on so-called assault weapons, Ford said he and some other Cook County Democrats would support allowing each county to decide for itself whether residents may carry loaded firearms.
(Editor: Italics added for emphasis)
Earlier this week, I blogged about Illinois Governor and Chicago Democrat Pat Quinn proposing a statewide ban on “assault weapons” and “high-capacity” ammunition magazines.
According to Representative Ford, the reason for the proposal is more revenue- in the form of concealed-carry permit fees- for the financially-strapped state.
Call me crazy, but I have a feeling this proposal will be met by gun rights groups active in the state of Illinois with something along the lines of what U.S. General Anthony McAuliffe told the Germans when given a surrender ultimatum during the Battle of the Bulge in World War 2…
The next couple of days should be interesting here in the “Land of Lincoln” as it concerns the battle between gun rights and “control.”
Flannery, Mike. “ Illinois lawmakers may allow individual counties to decide on concealed carry.” FOX Chicago News. 3 Aug. 2012. (http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/19193534/2012/08/03/illinois-lawmakers-may-allow-individual-counties-to-decide-on-concealed-carry). 3 Aug. 2012.
1 Comment to Legal Concealed Carry In Illinois In Exchange For ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban?
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas