Here’s an interesting twist on recent gun “control” efforts in Illinois. From Political Editor Mike Flannery tonight on the website of FOX Chicago News:
State Rep. LaShawn Ford, co-chair of a legislative task force on guns, is proposing a compromise on assault weapons and concealed carry.
If gun-rights groups accept a ban on so-called assault weapons, Ford said he and some other Cook County Democrats would support allowing each county to decide for itself whether residents may carry loaded firearms.
(Editor: Italics added for emphasis)
Earlier this week, I blogged about Illinois Governor and Chicago Democrat Pat Quinn proposing a statewide ban on “assault weapons” and “high-capacity” ammunition magazines.
According to Representative Ford, the reason for the proposal is more revenue- in the form of concealed-carry permit fees- for the financially-strapped state.
Call me crazy, but I have a feeling this proposal will be met by gun rights groups active in the state of Illinois with something along the lines of what U.S. General Anthony McAuliffe told the Germans when given a surrender ultimatum during the Battle of the Bulge in World War 2…
The next couple of days should be interesting here in the “Land of Lincoln” as it concerns the battle between gun rights and “control.”
Flannery, Mike. “ Illinois lawmakers may allow individual counties to decide on concealed carry.” FOX Chicago News. 3 Aug. 2012. (http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/19193534/2012/08/03/illinois-lawmakers-may-allow-individual-counties-to-decide-on-concealed-carry). 3 Aug. 2012.
1 Comment to Legal Concealed Carry In Illinois In Exchange For ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban?
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?