Earlier today, U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) announced she will be reintroducing “an updated assault weapons bill.” Kitty Felde wrote on the 89.3 KPCC (Southern California Public Radio) website this afternoon:
Dianne Feinstein announced Wednesday that she’s re-entering the battle over gun control during her keynote speech to the California delegates to the Democratic National Convention…
She promised California delegates she’d return to Congress to reintroduce “an updated assault weapons bill.”
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Although Senator Feinstein is an ardent gun “control” supporter and is well-known for co-sponsoring the original assault weapons ban legislation signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1994, she recently said it was a “bad time” to press the gun “control” issue. Michael Ono wrote on The Note blog on the ABC News website on July 22:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of more outspoken gun-control advocates in Congress, said today that both Mitt Romney and President Obama should give the gun control issue a lot of “consideration,” but said now is a “bad time” to press the issue politically.
“I think that they should give it a lot of consideration, I think this is a bad time to embrace such a new subject,” the California Democrat said on “Fox News Sunday.” “There has been no action because there is no outrage out there, people haven’t rallied forward.”
Felde, Kitty. “Senator Dianne Feinstein says she’ll reintroduce assault weapon legislation.” 89.3 KPCC. 5 Sep. 2012. (http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/09/05/34168/senator-feinstein-says-shell-reintroduce-gun-legis/). 5 Sep. 2012.
Ono, Michael. “Sen. Feinstein: ‘Bad Time’ to Press for Gun Control.” The Note. 22 July 2012. (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/sen-feinstein-bad-time-to-press-gun-control/). 5 Sep. 2012.
2 Comments to Senator Feinstein To Reintroduce ‘Updated Assault Weapons Bill’
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?