Earlier today, U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) announced she will be reintroducing “an updated assault weapons bill.” Kitty Felde wrote on the 89.3 KPCC (Southern California Public Radio) website this afternoon:
Dianne Feinstein announced Wednesday that she’s re-entering the battle over gun control during her keynote speech to the California delegates to the Democratic National Convention…
She promised California delegates she’d return to Congress to reintroduce “an updated assault weapons bill.”
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Although Senator Feinstein is an ardent gun “control” supporter and is well-known for co-sponsoring the original assault weapons ban legislation signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1994, she recently said it was a “bad time” to press the gun “control” issue. Michael Ono wrote on The Note blog on the ABC News website on July 22:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of more outspoken gun-control advocates in Congress, said today that both Mitt Romney and President Obama should give the gun control issue a lot of “consideration,” but said now is a “bad time” to press the issue politically.
“I think that they should give it a lot of consideration, I think this is a bad time to embrace such a new subject,” the California Democrat said on “Fox News Sunday.” “There has been no action because there is no outrage out there, people haven’t rallied forward.”
Felde, Kitty. “Senator Dianne Feinstein says she’ll reintroduce assault weapon legislation.” 89.3 KPCC. 5 Sep. 2012. (http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/09/05/34168/senator-feinstein-says-shell-reintroduce-gun-legis/). 5 Sep. 2012.
Ono, Michael. “Sen. Feinstein: ‘Bad Time’ to Press for Gun Control.” The Note. 22 July 2012. (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/sen-feinstein-bad-time-to-press-gun-control/). 5 Sep. 2012.
2 Comments to Senator Feinstein To Reintroduce ‘Updated Assault Weapons Bill’
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana