Earlier today, U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) announced she will be reintroducing “an updated assault weapons bill.” Kitty Felde wrote on the 89.3 KPCC (Southern California Public Radio) website this afternoon:
Dianne Feinstein announced Wednesday that she’s re-entering the battle over gun control during her keynote speech to the California delegates to the Democratic National Convention…
She promised California delegates she’d return to Congress to reintroduce “an updated assault weapons bill.”
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Although Senator Feinstein is an ardent gun “control” supporter and is well-known for co-sponsoring the original assault weapons ban legislation signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1994, she recently said it was a “bad time” to press the gun “control” issue. Michael Ono wrote on The Note blog on the ABC News website on July 22:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of more outspoken gun-control advocates in Congress, said today that both Mitt Romney and President Obama should give the gun control issue a lot of “consideration,” but said now is a “bad time” to press the issue politically.
“I think that they should give it a lot of consideration, I think this is a bad time to embrace such a new subject,” the California Democrat said on “Fox News Sunday.” “There has been no action because there is no outrage out there, people haven’t rallied forward.”
Felde, Kitty. “Senator Dianne Feinstein says she’ll reintroduce assault weapon legislation.” 89.3 KPCC. 5 Sep. 2012. (http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/09/05/34168/senator-feinstein-says-shell-reintroduce-gun-legis/). 5 Sep. 2012.
Ono, Michael. “Sen. Feinstein: ‘Bad Time’ to Press for Gun Control.” The Note. 22 July 2012. (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/sen-feinstein-bad-time-to-press-gun-control/). 5 Sep. 2012.
2 Comments to Senator Feinstein To Reintroduce ‘Updated Assault Weapons Bill’
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- BIS: Global Debt Markets Grow To Estimated $100 Trillion In 2013, Up From $70 Trillion In 2007
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas