Late last night, I got the chance to watch the first episode of the upcoming NBC TV series Revolution, which premieres Monday evening, September 17. From the show’s “About” page on the NBC website:
What would you do without it all? In this epic adventure from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and “Supernatural’s” Eric Kripke, a family struggles to reunite in an American landscape where every single piece of technology – computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights – has mysteriously blacked out forever. A drama with sweeping scope and intimate focus, “Revolution” is also about family – both the family you’re born into and the family you choose. This is a swashbuckling journey of hope and rebirth seen through the eyes of one strong-willed young woman, Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos, “Being Human”), and her brother Danny (Graham Rogers, “Memphis Beat”). When Danny is kidnapped by militia leaders for a darker purpose, Charlie must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles (Billy Burke, “The Twilight Saga”), a former U.S. Marine living a reclusive life. Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed, and if – or how – it will ever return.
Right off the bat I suspected the first episode of Revolution might be a quality production with Jon “Blow Me Where The Pampers Is” Favreau as co-executive producer/director of the pilot, along with J.J. Abrams of Bad Robot Productions, Eric Kripke (Supernatural), and Bryan Burk (Lost, Star Trek) serving as executive producers. Regarding the scenario- a long-term, “grid down,” TEOTWAWKI situation- my research in support of this blog and other projects suggests it really is plausible (more on that in a future post). The acting was pretty good, with “Uncle Miles” (Billy Burke), “Captain Tom Neville” (Giancarlo Esposito), and “Grace” (Maria Howell) particularly standing out. Some of the scenes in episode 1 pushed the envelope in terms of believability. For example, one of Neville’s men getting knocked off his feet by what I believe was a crossbow bolt when they entered the village, and how clean and fresh everyone looked after their journey into downtown Chicago. I can’t walk but a couple of blocks here in my concrete jungle on the Northwest Side without getting grimy and sweaty. Particularly these days, as the City of Chicago has closed off my street for repairs until hell freezes over apparently. I’m just nitpicking (okay, venting) at this point though.
Overall, I thought the first episode of Revoultion was very good, with enough action, suspense, and plot twists to lure me into watching episode 2 on NBC once the series gets rolling later on this month.
But don’t just take my word for it. You can watch the entire first episode of Revolution right now on the NBC website here.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- This Is What A Good Old Fashioned Chicago Riot Looks Like
- 1992 Los Angeles Riots: ‘There Are No Atheists In Foxholes; There Are No Liberals In Riots’
- JM Bullion Has Silver Britannia, Silver Wood Bison Coins On Sale
- Peter Schiff Bullish On Foreign Stocks, Gold, And Silver
- Marc Faber: ‘The Gold Market Has Bottomed-Out’
- 22 States Now Recognize Illinois Concealed Carry License
- Robert Shiller: ‘The United States Stock Market Looks Very Expensive Right Now’
- Chicagoans’ Personal Safety Compromised By ‘Stoning’ Of Police In Ferguson, Missouri?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana