Almost on a weekly basis I read somewhere that Barack Obama and the Democrats will not pursue more gun “control” should the President be reelected.
President Obama’s supposed “inaction” during his first term is brought up as “evidence” of this.
Yet, as I pointed out back on September 6, the Democratic Party’s 2012 National Platform that was approved at their National Convention called for “reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole.”
Excuse me, but that’s pushing for a gun ban and more gun “control,” if I’m not mistaken.
Any remaining doubts about President Obama and the Democrats wanting more regulations placed on firearms should have been dispelled last night in the second of a series of U.S. Presidential debates. When asked what his administration has “done or plan to do to limit the availability of assault weapons,” the sitting U.S. President replied:
So my belief is that A, we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.
But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced, but part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence, because frankly, in my hometown of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence, and they’re not using AK-47s, they’re using cheap handguns.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
“Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”
Once again, calling for a new gun ban. Two times. Two months.
At this point, no one can honestly say Barack Obama and the Democrats don’t plan on pushing for more gun “control” should the President be reelected without looking incredibly stupid.
3 Comments to Barack Obama Calls For Reintroducing ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban In Second Presidential Debate
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana