(Editor’s update: I spotted the Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out episode “The End of the World as We Know It” on the National Geographic Channel tonight- Saturday, October 20- at 9 PM Central Time/10 PM Eastern Time. I guess Nat Geo is running these expanded shows two days a week instead of just on Tuesdays as I originally blogged below.)
Tuesday night I happened to spot something on the National Geographic Channel called Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out. I knew that season 2 of the highly-popular TV series wasn’t due to start until November 13, so I decided to record the program for later viewing to see what this was all about. Well, Wednesday afternoon I watched “No Time to Learn to Dance” and discovered that Nat Geo had repackaged episode 6 of Doomsday Preppers (featuring Mike Mester, Preston White, and Riley Cook) by cutting out one scene (as far as I could tell), including new ones, adding recent prepper updates, and using numerous pop up bubbles (info nuggets) just like on the VH1 show Pop Up Video.
The “remixed” Doomsday Preppers episode was much more interesting to watch than the original one. The info nuggets contained a good deal of segment-related material. The pop up bubbles weren’t too distracting for me as I’ve already seen the original episode. The same might not be said for someone viewing it for the first time.
Thankfully, the new scenes weren’t just filler. For example, Mike Mester demonstrated mixing cotton balls with petroleum jelly to create a fire starter. And in the segment with Preston White, medicinal herbs were discussed.
It was also nice to see what these “Doomsday Preppers” from season 1 were up to these days as well.
If you get the chance, check out the Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out episodes. I believe they started just this week, with the next episode airing Tuesday, October 23, at 7 PM Central Times/8 PM Central Time on the National Geographic Channel.
“Doomsday Preppers Season 2″
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?