(Editor’s update: I spotted the Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out episode “The End of the World as We Know It” on the National Geographic Channel tonight- Saturday, October 20- at 9 PM Central Time/10 PM Eastern Time. I guess Nat Geo is running these expanded shows two days a week instead of just on Tuesdays as I originally blogged below.)
Tuesday night I happened to spot something on the National Geographic Channel called Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out. I knew that season 2 of the highly-popular TV series wasn’t due to start until November 13, so I decided to record the program for later viewing to see what this was all about. Well, Wednesday afternoon I watched “No Time to Learn to Dance” and discovered that Nat Geo had repackaged episode 6 of Doomsday Preppers (featuring Mike Mester, Preston White, and Riley Cook) by cutting out one scene (as far as I could tell), including new ones, adding recent prepper updates, and using numerous pop up bubbles (info nuggets) just like on the VH1 show Pop Up Video.
The “remixed” Doomsday Preppers episode was much more interesting to watch than the original one. The info nuggets contained a good deal of segment-related material. The pop up bubbles weren’t too distracting for me as I’ve already seen the original episode. The same might not be said for someone viewing it for the first time.
Thankfully, the new scenes weren’t just filler. For example, Mike Mester demonstrated mixing cotton balls with petroleum jelly to create a fire starter. And in the segment with Preston White, medicinal herbs were discussed.
It was also nice to see what these “Doomsday Preppers” from season 1 were up to these days as well.
If you get the chance, check out the Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out episodes. I believe they started just this week, with the next episode airing Tuesday, October 23, at 7 PM Central Times/8 PM Central Time on the National Geographic Channel.
“Doomsday Preppers Season 2″
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas