(Editor’s update: I spotted the Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out episode “The End of the World as We Know It” on the National Geographic Channel tonight- Saturday, October 20- at 9 PM Central Time/10 PM Eastern Time. I guess Nat Geo is running these expanded shows two days a week instead of just on Tuesdays as I originally blogged below.)
Tuesday night I happened to spot something on the National Geographic Channel called Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out. I knew that season 2 of the highly-popular TV series wasn’t due to start until November 13, so I decided to record the program for later viewing to see what this was all about. Well, Wednesday afternoon I watched “No Time to Learn to Dance” and discovered that Nat Geo had repackaged episode 6 of Doomsday Preppers (featuring Mike Mester, Preston White, and Riley Cook) by cutting out one scene (as far as I could tell), including new ones, adding recent prepper updates, and using numerous pop up bubbles (info nuggets) just like on the VH1 show Pop Up Video.
The “remixed” Doomsday Preppers episode was much more interesting to watch than the original one. The info nuggets contained a good deal of segment-related material. The pop up bubbles weren’t too distracting for me as I’ve already seen the original episode. The same might not be said for someone viewing it for the first time.
Thankfully, the new scenes weren’t just filler. For example, Mike Mester demonstrated mixing cotton balls with petroleum jelly to create a fire starter. And in the segment with Preston White, medicinal herbs were discussed.
It was also nice to see what these “Doomsday Preppers” from season 1 were up to these days as well.
If you get the chance, check out the Doomsday Preppers Bugged Out episodes. I believe they started just this week, with the next episode airing Tuesday, October 23, at 7 PM Central Times/8 PM Central Time on the National Geographic Channel.
“Doomsday Preppers Season 2″
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana