Sorry for not posting yesterday. I’ve had a lot on my mind since Election Day.
I’m guessing that goes for many of you as well.
Anyway, in an effort to “Lean Forward,” I’ve been working on “Project Prepper” ever since announcing its launch last month. I wrote back on October 24:
As a result of my research and this blog, I’m now aware of the myriad of man-made and naturally-occurring threats to my life and lifestyle (and those of my loved ones), and think it’s probably wise to acquaint myself more with “prepping” via a sustained “hands-on” program of learning and doing, which I’ll call “Project Prepper.”
Through a series of posts on this blog which I suspect should last for quite some time (years?), I’ll be able to share my preparedness experiences with you.
By doing this, I’ll also be able to make more progress in providing readers of this blog those possible solutions I talked about earlier in the post.
Regular readers of Survival And Prosperity know that one major threat to life and lifestyle I’ve been warning about since Memorial Day Weekend 2007 is a U.S. financial crash.
And based partly on what I’ve witnessed locally and on the national level over the past several days, I think this has a good chance of materializing during President Obama’s second term in the White House.
Even if an economic crash doesn’t happen in this time frame (Washington and the Federal Reserve have been effective at delaying our financial “day of reckoning” so far), it’s something I’ll be taking into serious consideration as I continue putting together Project Prepper.
That being said, events that have unfolded at the local level on up for some time now have convinced me that my future lies outside of Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois. Which is a shame, because as I’ve mentioned before, my family has deep ties to the area. So much so a number of family members are familiar with the tale of one ancestor who fought courageously to save his tailor shop (at least the contents of it) from the approaching flames of the Great Chicago Fire back in 1871.
141 years later, another looming disaster looks to be in store for me and my loved ones if I don’t take action, and soon.
It’s bad enough Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois was already overrun by too many residents that live their lives in pursuit of the Ubi East Mea (“Where’s Mine?”) mentality and politicians who have been quick to pander to these individuals with “free” things in exchange for votes- long before last Tuesday’s election results revealed the rest of America is now marching down this same path.
But combine this with poor financial health, a bleak economic outlook, and growing attacks on the finances and freedoms of productive, law-abiding residents as politicians rob Peter to pay Paul in their attempt to remain in office- and you’ve got one hell of a mess coming to this area of the Midwest in the next few years.
Eventually, I predict the productive residents will split town (this happened before in Chicago in the late 60s-early 70s in some neighborhoods), there will be no more money for “freebies,” and the “Where’s Mine?” brigade will riot. Athens-style.
As I’ve been telling those close to me for some time now, “First you’ll see the strikes. Then the larger protests. Until finally, the riots.”
History shows you don’t want to be in the city when the riots break out.
And I don’t plan on being here in Chicago when the coming civil strife erupts either.
In my next Project Prepper post, I’ll talk some more about my “quest” for sanctuary.
Gareth Emery feat. Lucy Saunders, “Sanctuary” (2010)
Leave a Reply
Please Rate this Blog HERE
9,503 People Visited Last Month
301,566 Visited 11/22/10-4/30/13
- Project Prepper: On The Move
- The Survival Podcast’s Jack Spirko Predicts U.S. Boom, Then Bust Probably ‘10 Years Into The Future Or More’
- Financial Sense Newshour’s Jim Puplava: When Gold Price Manipulation Occurs, Buy Gold
- Number Of Poor In Chicago Suburbs Increased 99% Over Last Decade
- RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Peter Schiff On Recovery Talk: ‘Would Have Thought People Might Have Learned Something By Now’
- Jim Rogers On What’s Happening With Commodities, Gold
- Civic Federation: Funding Continues To Decline For Chicago-Area Public Employee Pension Funds
- Standard-Capacity Ammunition Magazine Ban Passes Out Of Illinois Senate Executive Committee
- Oklahoma Tragedy
- Editor on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- anonymous on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Editor on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- zooeyhall on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- Editor on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Nina Impuesta on Quote For The Week
- Nina Impuesta on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- tj & the bear on Quote For The Week