A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
-Alexis-Charles-Henri Clérel de Tocqueville (French historian and political thinker, in his 1835 book Democracy in America. 1805-1859)
2 Comments to Quote For The Week
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?