Fans of National Geographic Channel’s Doomsday Preppers TV series are probably in a great mood today as season 2 of the show that “takes us into the lives of otherwise ordinary Americans who are preparing for the end of the world as we know it” starts tonight. From a Nat Geo Channel press release I received:
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at 9 and 10 p.m. ET/PT, National Geographic Channel is premiering the second season of its No. 1 series, Doomsday Preppers with back to back episodes. And the highly successful season one will premiere on Spanish network, Nat Geo Mundo, beginning Friday, November 16, 2012 at 9 p.m. ET/PT…
In season two, we’ll meet a plethora of individuals who are committed to thinking through every contingency plan. We’ll meet a diabetic mother stockpiling insulin to survive the devastation of an F-5 tornado she fears is coming; a 14-year-old preparing for a global economic collapse; a millionaire getting ready for a massive earthquake; and a “Brady Bunch” type prepping family with six children who anticipate a terrorist smallpox epidemic.
Viewers will be treated to a two-fer tonight. According to the press release:
Premiere episodes include:
Doomsday Preppers: Am I Nuts Or Are You?
Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Could there be a Brady Bunch prepping family? Meet Braxton Southwick, a former professional motocross racer who lives with his wife and their six children, who are prepping for a terrorist smallpox attack. Each family member keeps a bug out bag in their car and has a special prepping skill — making them the ultimate prepping family. Big Al is a musician who wrote his own “prepping country song” and is getting ready for a nuclear attack from Russia. He has built an underground bunker that will protect him from nuclear fallout and has a special bunker stew recipe just in case he needs a tasty meal one day. Jason Beacham, a 15-year-old, has been prepping since he was 11. He fears anarchy following economic collapse and uses his allowance money to stock up on weapons and food.
Doomsday Preppers: You Can’t Let Evil Win
Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at 10 p.m. ET/PT
Some American families have drastically altered their lifestyles in order to survive what they fear will be the end of the world. Johnny O fears a terrorist attack on nuclear power plants, and his prepping philosophy is always having backups for your backups. He is a husband and father of two who lives with his wife and his wife’s twin sister, who also knows their bug out plan. Wilma and Gary Bryant, who live with their children and granddaughter on a farm, are preparing for a series of F-5 tornados. They are building an underground Noah’s Ark for their animals and stockpiling insulin for Wilma and her daughter, who both suffer from diabetes. Robert Earl and his wife are a retired couple who fear the melting of the Greenland ice sheet. They have relocated from Florida to a remote desert area of Texas and have built a self-sustainable property for themselves and their 21 dogs.
“Doomsday Preppers: Prepper Profile: Braxton Southwick”
Nat Geo Channel Video
I’ve already watched the two episodes as part of an advanced screening opportunity, and I found them to be very interesting. A number of preppers/survivalists probably know someone like Kara Southwick, Braxton’s wife (watch and you’ll see what I mean). Big Al has a nice underground shelter that many would envy. I enjoyed learning about Jason Beacham- I wonder how many other American teenagers are getting into prepping these days? I’d like a remote setup like “Johnny O and the Twins” (good name for a rock band, huh?) has out there in Pennsylvania. And no, I’m not referring to having two nice-looking twin sisters around. As for the Bryant family- it’s good to see the topic of medical conditions, and diabetes in particular, in a SHTF scenario receive some attention. The end of their segment kind of through me for a loop. Finally, the Earls got me thinking that their move into the Texas desert could be a smart play in that nobody is going to head into that treacherous environment should things really hit the fan and people start fanning out in search of food and water.
The first two Doomsday Preppers episodes of season 2 made for two hours of interesting- and entertaining- TV viewing.
Grab some popcorn for tonight and don’t be surprised if you find yourself jotting down some notes.
For more information, please visit the Doomsday Preppers page on the National Geographic Channel website here.
1 Comment to On TV: Doomsday Preppers Season 2 Starts Tonight
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?