Last Friday, I blogged about FOX News Reporting’s “Countdown to Doomsday” and the part of the show where physicist Michio Kaku highlighted the real threat posed by solar superstorms.
Well, yesterday Mike Opelka over at Glenn Beck’s TheBlaze.com also talked about the threat from severe space weather. Opelka wrote:
If Earth is struck by a large solar flare, some in the scientific community believe:
• The planet will be hit with a widespread loss of power.
• Air travel would be grounded.
• Nuclear plants would be crippled and without sufficient back-up power, dozens could meltdown.
• Satellites would be disabled, causing a serious loss of communication in all areas (military and civilian).
• Food and medicine would be in short supply, setting up the potential for food riots within days of an outage…
Over the next fourteen months Earth will be on high alert for a huge burst of electromagnetic energy from the sun… The peak time for the next big flare is sometime between now and the end of 2013…
We could have a real SHTF situation on our hands if these scientists are right.
I’m glad to see more attention being paid to such a potentially-devastating threat, but I wonder if we won’t be too late in protecting the nation’s power and communications infrastructure from the effects of a coronal mass ejection in the coming “solar maximum.”
If a CME does hit us square-on… well, here’s hoping that the science guys are wrong.
Anyway, Opelka’s article is a good read about what’s at stake here, and can be found on TheBlaze.com here.
2 Comments to Solar Superstorm Threat Discussed On Glenn Beck’s TheBlaze.com
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas