Here’s the latest on the so-called “Quinn Gun Ban” in the state of Illinois. From the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action website yesterday:
Illinois: Gov. Quinn’s Amendatory Veto Shot Down in the Senate, Moves to House
Your Action Is Needed!
Today, Governor Quinn’s procedural maneuver to enact a gun ban (previously reported here) through use of an amendatory veto, was overridden in the Illinois Senate by a 49 to 4 vote. Now, there is one remaining hurdle before victory can be declared since this veto is now going to the state House for an override vote.
We have learned that due to this loss, Quinn is now shopping around a new semi-auto ban for future introduction in the Illinois General Assembly. Your NRA-ILA will continue to monitor any activity in Springfield and will keep you informed of developments as they occur. It is critical that NRA members across Illinois continue to remind their state legislators of their responsibility to defend the Second Amendment now and in the future.
Your Action Is Needed! Now it is more important than ever for you to contact your state Representative to ensure that the Quinn gun ban is completely dead. The Illinois House of Representatives will be convening tomorrow for their veto session and will vote on the Governor’s proposed changes to Senate Bill 681. Contact your state Representative TODAY and respectfully urge him or her to vote to override the Governor’s amendatory veto on Senate Bill 681!
Contact information for all state legislators can be found by clicking here.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Americans And ‘EU Passport’-Holding Jihadists Fighting In Syria Scrutinized As Potential Terrorists
- Why Illinois Lawmakers Chose Tuesday To Possibly ‘Fix’ The State’s Public Pension Crisis
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70