Here’s the latest on the so-called “Quinn Gun Ban” in the state of Illinois. From the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action website yesterday:
Illinois: Gov. Quinn’s Amendatory Veto Shot Down in the Senate, Moves to House
Your Action Is Needed!
Today, Governor Quinn’s procedural maneuver to enact a gun ban (previously reported here) through use of an amendatory veto, was overridden in the Illinois Senate by a 49 to 4 vote. Now, there is one remaining hurdle before victory can be declared since this veto is now going to the state House for an override vote.
We have learned that due to this loss, Quinn is now shopping around a new semi-auto ban for future introduction in the Illinois General Assembly. Your NRA-ILA will continue to monitor any activity in Springfield and will keep you informed of developments as they occur. It is critical that NRA members across Illinois continue to remind their state legislators of their responsibility to defend the Second Amendment now and in the future.
Your Action Is Needed! Now it is more important than ever for you to contact your state Representative to ensure that the Quinn gun ban is completely dead. The Illinois House of Representatives will be convening tomorrow for their veto session and will vote on the Governor’s proposed changes to Senate Bill 681. Contact your state Representative TODAY and respectfully urge him or her to vote to override the Governor’s amendatory veto on Senate Bill 681!
Contact information for all state legislators can be found by clicking here.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas