Here’s the latest on the so-called “Quinn Gun Ban” in the state of Illinois. From the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action website yesterday:
Illinois: Gov. Quinn’s Amendatory Veto Shot Down in the Senate, Moves to House
Your Action Is Needed!
Today, Governor Quinn’s procedural maneuver to enact a gun ban (previously reported here) through use of an amendatory veto, was overridden in the Illinois Senate by a 49 to 4 vote. Now, there is one remaining hurdle before victory can be declared since this veto is now going to the state House for an override vote.
We have learned that due to this loss, Quinn is now shopping around a new semi-auto ban for future introduction in the Illinois General Assembly. Your NRA-ILA will continue to monitor any activity in Springfield and will keep you informed of developments as they occur. It is critical that NRA members across Illinois continue to remind their state legislators of their responsibility to defend the Second Amendment now and in the future.
Your Action Is Needed! Now it is more important than ever for you to contact your state Representative to ensure that the Quinn gun ban is completely dead. The Illinois House of Representatives will be convening tomorrow for their veto session and will vote on the Governor’s proposed changes to Senate Bill 681. Contact your state Representative TODAY and respectfully urge him or her to vote to override the Governor’s amendatory veto on Senate Bill 681!
Contact information for all state legislators can be found by clicking here.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- This Is What A Good Old Fashioned Chicago Riot Looks Like
- 1992 Los Angeles Riots: ‘There Are No Atheists In Foxholes; There Are No Liberals In Riots’
- JM Bullion Has Silver Britannia, Silver Wood Bison Coins On Sale
- Peter Schiff Bullish On Foreign Stocks, Gold, And Silver
- Marc Faber: ‘The Gold Market Has Bottomed-Out’
- 22 States Now Recognize Illinois Concealed Carry License
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana