Back on November 29, I blogged about the attempt by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn to enact a statewide gun ban through the use of an amendatory veto. The veto was defeated in the Illinois Senate by a vote of 49 to 4, but was headed to the Illinois House for an override vote. Well, the House finally got around to voting on the measure yesterday. From the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action website Tuesday:
Today, Governor Patrick Quinn’s procedural maneuver to enact a gun ban (previously reported here) was defeated by the Illinois House of Representatives as they convened for a veto session. In a 78–28 vote, an overwhelming majority of state Representatives overrode Governor Quinn’s amendatory veto to Senate Bill 681. Now, Senate Bill 681 as it was initially written and originally passed by overwhelming majorities in the state Senate and House has been enacted and is in effect, protecting online FOID purchase of ammunition using delivery services which are federally authorized to ship ammunition. Thank you to all Illinois NRA members for contacting their state legislators and reminding Governor Quinn that your voices are stronger than his subversive tactics.
We have learned that due to his loss in the state House and Senate, Quinn will continue to shop around for a new semi-auto ban for future introduction in the Illinois General Assembly. Your NRA-ILA will continue to monitor any activity in Springfield and will keep you informed of developments as they occur. It is critical that NRA members across Illinois continue to remind their state legislators of their responsibility to defend the Second Amendment now and in the future.
Until next time…
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?