On Wednesday, I had a couple of spare minutes in what was generally a pretty frustrating day, so I decided to check out footage from a recent Madness concert posted on YouTube.com (really begins at 52:56 if you’re interested). When I saw the band play that old classic “Night Boat to Cairo,” I thought about all the “madness” going on in Egypt these days. Consider the following:
“Egypt Sees Largest Clash Since Revolutions
Tens of thousands of supporters and opponents of Egypt’s president clashed Wednesday, hurling rocks and Molotov cocktails and brawling in Cairo’s streets, in the largest violent battle between Islamists and their foes since the country’s revolution early last year.”
-Wall Street Journal website, December 6, 2012
“Early last year” I wrote about how I came across a post on Pierre Legrand’s Pink Flamingo Bar blog about the author’s recent experience surviving a real-life SHTF situation in Egypt. Legrand and his family were in Cairo, Egypt, from January 25 until February 3, 2011- which happened to coincide with the uprising that took place that eventually forced Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak out of power. Mubarak resigned from office on February 11, after the revolt claimed the lives of 846 civilians and 26 policemen.
Seeing how conditions look to be deteriorating in Egypt once again, I thought it was only appropriate to point out Pierre Legrand’s “survival lessons” from that 2011 SHTF event, which can be found on his blog here.
Enlightening stuff. A lot of it likely applicable to city dwellers here in America.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana