On Wednesday, I had a couple of spare minutes in what was generally a pretty frustrating day, so I decided to check out footage from a recent Madness concert posted on YouTube.com (really begins at 52:56 if you’re interested). When I saw the band play that old classic “Night Boat to Cairo,” I thought about all the “madness” going on in Egypt these days. Consider the following:
“Egypt Sees Largest Clash Since Revolutions
Tens of thousands of supporters and opponents of Egypt’s president clashed Wednesday, hurling rocks and Molotov cocktails and brawling in Cairo’s streets, in the largest violent battle between Islamists and their foes since the country’s revolution early last year.”
-Wall Street Journal website, December 6, 2012
“Early last year” I wrote about how I came across a post on Pierre Legrand’s Pink Flamingo Bar blog about the author’s recent experience surviving a real-life SHTF situation in Egypt. Legrand and his family were in Cairo, Egypt, from January 25 until February 3, 2011- which happened to coincide with the uprising that took place that eventually forced Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak out of power. Mubarak resigned from office on February 11, after the revolt claimed the lives of 846 civilians and 26 policemen.
Seeing how conditions look to be deteriorating in Egypt once again, I thought it was only appropriate to point out Pierre Legrand’s “survival lessons” from that 2011 SHTF event, which can be found on his blog here.
Enlightening stuff. A lot of it likely applicable to city dwellers here in America.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- 2013 Nobel Prize Winner Warns Of Possible Recession Next Year
- ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chicago Aldermen Push For Styrofoam, Polystyrene Food Container Ban
- Solar Scientist: July 2012 Coronal Mass Ejection And 1859 Carrington Event Show Need To Prepare
- Project Prepper, Part 23: Removing That Military Surplus Smell
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- tj & the bear on ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Rob Dawg on ‘Earthquake Lady’ Warns ‘Imagine America Without Los Angeles’
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?