On Wednesday, I had a couple of spare minutes in what was generally a pretty frustrating day, so I decided to check out footage from a recent Madness concert posted on YouTube.com (really begins at 52:56 if you’re interested). When I saw the band play that old classic “Night Boat to Cairo,” I thought about all the “madness” going on in Egypt these days. Consider the following:
“Egypt Sees Largest Clash Since Revolutions
Tens of thousands of supporters and opponents of Egypt’s president clashed Wednesday, hurling rocks and Molotov cocktails and brawling in Cairo’s streets, in the largest violent battle between Islamists and their foes since the country’s revolution early last year.”
-Wall Street Journal website, December 6, 2012
“Early last year” I wrote about how I came across a post on Pierre Legrand’s Pink Flamingo Bar blog about the author’s recent experience surviving a real-life SHTF situation in Egypt. Legrand and his family were in Cairo, Egypt, from January 25 until February 3, 2011- which happened to coincide with the uprising that took place that eventually forced Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak out of power. Mubarak resigned from office on February 11, after the revolt claimed the lives of 846 civilians and 26 policemen.
Seeing how conditions look to be deteriorating in Egypt once again, I thought it was only appropriate to point out Pierre Legrand’s “survival lessons” from that 2011 SHTF event, which can be found on his blog here.
Enlightening stuff. A lot of it likely applicable to city dwellers here in America.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- BIS: Global Debt Markets Grow To Estimated $100 Trillion In 2013, Up From $70 Trillion In 2007
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas