Archive for December 10th, 2012
Spring 2006. I’d been driving through the northwest suburbs of Chicago when I asked my girlfriend, who was a city planner at the time:
What’s with all the new banks popping up?
She confirmed that plenty of these structures were going up around the area. Furthermore, she added that municipalities disliked them in many cases because they occupied primo real estate in town without bringing in sales tax revenue. Interesting to know.
I remember thinking- when the economy goes south, get ready to hear about a slew of bank robberies in the area, thanks in part to all this new supply of “targets.”
Fast forward to 2012. Saba Hamid wrote on the NBC Chicago website last Friday:
Chicago is having a banner year for bank robberies.
As of Dec. 7, the city reported 198 robberies, a 70 percent increase in the past four months, according to BanditTracker Chicago. At this rate, the number likely will cross 200 by year’s end and could double the 2011 record of 115.
Interestingly enough, 2006 was the record-setting year for bank heists in the Chicagoland area, when 284 robberies were reported.
Hamid, Saba. “Chicago Bank Robberies Could Double Last Year’s.” NBC Chicago. 7 Dec. 2012. (http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Bank-Robberies-Record-182549001.html). 10 Dec. 2012.
Our Earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common. Children no longer obey their parents. Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world is evidently approaching.
-Writing found on Assyrian clay tablet, dated 2,800 B.C.
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?