Archive for December 10th, 2012
Spring 2006. I’d been driving through the northwest suburbs of Chicago when I asked my girlfriend, who was a city planner at the time:
What’s with all the new banks popping up?
She confirmed that plenty of these structures were going up around the area. Furthermore, she added that municipalities disliked them in many cases because they occupied primo real estate in town without bringing in sales tax revenue. Interesting to know.
I remember thinking- when the economy goes south, get ready to hear about a slew of bank robberies in the area, thanks in part to all this new supply of “targets.”
Fast forward to 2012. Saba Hamid wrote on the NBC Chicago website last Friday:
Chicago is having a banner year for bank robberies.
As of Dec. 7, the city reported 198 robberies, a 70 percent increase in the past four months, according to BanditTracker Chicago. At this rate, the number likely will cross 200 by year’s end and could double the 2011 record of 115.
Interestingly enough, 2006 was the record-setting year for bank heists in the Chicagoland area, when 284 robberies were reported.
Hamid, Saba. “Chicago Bank Robberies Could Double Last Year’s.” NBC Chicago. 7 Dec. 2012. (http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Bank-Robberies-Record-182549001.html). 10 Dec. 2012.
Our Earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common. Children no longer obey their parents. Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world is evidently approaching.
-Writing found on Assyrian clay tablet, dated 2,800 B.C.
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?