Yesterday, “crash prophet” Peter Schiff addressed the Fed’s announcement of QE4 from earlier in the day in the latest installment of The Schiff Report YouTube video blog. Schiff, who correctly-predicted the bursting of the U.S. housing bubble and 2008 global economic crisis, didn’t pull any punches when he warned viewers:
Well, the Fed now has come to a point where it can’t do that anymore, so it announced starting January 1- as expected- the Fed is going to begin to expand its balance sheet by an additional $45 billion per month, as it prints new money to buy up long-term government bonds. That’s in addition to the $40 billion worth of mortgages the Fed is already buying with money that it creates out of thin air. So if you take 40 and 45, that’s $85 billion a month, multiply that by 12, and the Fed has announced that it intends to expand its balance sheet by over a trillion dollars in 2013…
So, in other words, what Ben Bernanke said is, we’re just going to print money, and we’re going to buy a trillion dollars worth of paper every year, as far as the eye can see.
The President and Chief Global Strategist of Euro Pacific Capital talked about what inflating the money supply will mean for stocks and precious metals:
This is a very inflationary policy. Which, I guess, from a nominal perspective is bullish for stocks- not from a real perspective. But it is extremely bullish when it comes to precious metals.
Schiff recommended viewers do the following:
The bottom line to all of this is get out of the dollar. Don’t wait, run. Get out of it. Don’t worry if you’re a little bit too early (chuckle). Because believe me, you don’t want to be too late…
But you’ve got to get out of the dollar, and buy some gold. It is amazing that gold is still as cheap as it is…
But given all the money that has been printed- not only by the Fed, but central banks around the world- and all the money that is about to be printed, they are going to unleash a tidal wave of inflation. And the best way to float to the surface, and avoid being dragged under with the tide, is to have a life raft of precious metals. And then, look at other stock markets, where you might have some real growth.
“Ben Bernanke throws the dollar over the Currency Cliff.”
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?