Yesterday, “crash prophet” Peter Schiff addressed the Fed’s announcement of QE4 from earlier in the day in the latest installment of The Schiff Report YouTube video blog. Schiff, who correctly-predicted the bursting of the U.S. housing bubble and 2008 global economic crisis, didn’t pull any punches when he warned viewers:
Well, the Fed now has come to a point where it can’t do that anymore, so it announced starting January 1- as expected- the Fed is going to begin to expand its balance sheet by an additional $45 billion per month, as it prints new money to buy up long-term government bonds. That’s in addition to the $40 billion worth of mortgages the Fed is already buying with money that it creates out of thin air. So if you take 40 and 45, that’s $85 billion a month, multiply that by 12, and the Fed has announced that it intends to expand its balance sheet by over a trillion dollars in 2013…
So, in other words, what Ben Bernanke said is, we’re just going to print money, and we’re going to buy a trillion dollars worth of paper every year, as far as the eye can see.
The President and Chief Global Strategist of Euro Pacific Capital talked about what inflating the money supply will mean for stocks and precious metals:
This is a very inflationary policy. Which, I guess, from a nominal perspective is bullish for stocks- not from a real perspective. But it is extremely bullish when it comes to precious metals.
Schiff recommended viewers do the following:
The bottom line to all of this is get out of the dollar. Don’t wait, run. Get out of it. Don’t worry if you’re a little bit too early (chuckle). Because believe me, you don’t want to be too late…
But you’ve got to get out of the dollar, and buy some gold. It is amazing that gold is still as cheap as it is…
But given all the money that has been printed- not only by the Fed, but central banks around the world- and all the money that is about to be printed, they are going to unleash a tidal wave of inflation. And the best way to float to the surface, and avoid being dragged under with the tide, is to have a life raft of precious metals. And then, look at other stock markets, where you might have some real growth.
“Ben Bernanke throws the dollar over the Currency Cliff.”
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?