Yesterday, “crash prophet” Peter Schiff addressed the Fed’s announcement of QE4 from earlier in the day in the latest installment of The Schiff Report YouTube video blog. Schiff, who correctly-predicted the bursting of the U.S. housing bubble and 2008 global economic crisis, didn’t pull any punches when he warned viewers:
Well, the Fed now has come to a point where it can’t do that anymore, so it announced starting January 1- as expected- the Fed is going to begin to expand its balance sheet by an additional $45 billion per month, as it prints new money to buy up long-term government bonds. That’s in addition to the $40 billion worth of mortgages the Fed is already buying with money that it creates out of thin air. So if you take 40 and 45, that’s $85 billion a month, multiply that by 12, and the Fed has announced that it intends to expand its balance sheet by over a trillion dollars in 2013…
So, in other words, what Ben Bernanke said is, we’re just going to print money, and we’re going to buy a trillion dollars worth of paper every year, as far as the eye can see.
The President and Chief Global Strategist of Euro Pacific Capital talked about what inflating the money supply will mean for stocks and precious metals:
This is a very inflationary policy. Which, I guess, from a nominal perspective is bullish for stocks- not from a real perspective. But it is extremely bullish when it comes to precious metals.
Schiff recommended viewers do the following:
The bottom line to all of this is get out of the dollar. Don’t wait, run. Get out of it. Don’t worry if you’re a little bit too early (chuckle). Because believe me, you don’t want to be too late…
But you’ve got to get out of the dollar, and buy some gold. It is amazing that gold is still as cheap as it is…
But given all the money that has been printed- not only by the Fed, but central banks around the world- and all the money that is about to be printed, they are going to unleash a tidal wave of inflation. And the best way to float to the surface, and avoid being dragged under with the tide, is to have a life raft of precious metals. And then, look at other stock markets, where you might have some real growth.
“Ben Bernanke throws the dollar over the Currency Cliff.”
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas