New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg appeared on the Charlie Rose show this past Monday, and while discussing last week’s shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, the outspoken gun ‘control’ advocate told viewers:
There are some cities, they’ve hired counselors to go out and work with gangs. One mayor said, don’t do your stuff on the streets, you gangs, do it in the back alleys. I mean, those cities, their crime rate is through the roof. Ours is down 20 percent this year, our murder rate.
Local readers of Survival And Prosperity can probably figure out that Mayor Bloomberg was referring to the City of Chicago’s partnership with the anti-violence group CeaseFire, and Mayor Emanuel’s warning to Chicago gangbangers to “take your stuff away to the alley” this past July, with that statement.
I can’t help but wonder if someone’s going to be getting a dead fish in the mail soon.
You can watch Mayor Bloomberg’s criticism here (starting at 10:54) on the Charlie Rose website.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas