How prepared is your state for major health emergencies?
From a press release issued earlier today by the Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF):
In the 10th annual Ready or Not? Protecting the Public from Diseases, Disasters, and Bioterrorism report, 35 states and Washington, D.C. scored a six or lower on 10 key indicators of public health preparedness.
The report, issued by the Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), found that while there has been significant progress toward improving public health preparedness over the past 10 years, particularly in core capabilities, there continue to be persistent gaps in the country’s ability to respond to health emergencies, ranging from bioterrorist threats to serious disease outbreaks to extreme weather events.
In the report, Kansas and Montana scored lowest—three out of 10—and Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Vermont and Wisconsin scored highest—eight out of 10…
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
“There continue to be persistent gaps in the country’s ability to respond to health emergencies, ranging from bioterrorist threats to serious disease outbreaks to extreme weather events.”
I’m not surprised. Just one more reason preparedness makes an awful lot of sense these days.
Illinois, where I currently live, received a score of 5 out of 10 possible points in the report.
Wisconsin, where I’m planning on moving to down the road, received 8 out of a possible 10 points (as noted in the report).
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana