I can’t say I’m too surprised to hear the following. From Jeremy Gorner and Peter Nickeas on the Chicago Tribune website this afternoon:
Hours after Chicago police listed the shooting death of a West Side man as the city’s 500th homicide of the year, the department backtracked and said the city has yet to reach the grim milestone.
Superintendent Garry McCarthy had told the Tribune Thursday afternoon that the homicide count stood at 499. Hours later, Nathaniel T. Jackson, 40, was gunned down outside a store in the Austin neighborhood and the department confirmed Friday morning that his death was the 500th homicide. Mayor Rahm Emanuel released a statement noting that “Chicago has reached an unfortunate and tragic milestone.”
But then the department issued its own statement calling reports of the tally inaccurate, saying the number remained at 499. Asked for clarification, a spokeswoman for the superintendent said one of the homicide cases from earlier this week has been reclassified as a death investigation.
Something tells me Chicago might not “officially” see 500 murders in 2012.
Early this morning, Second City Cop had a few choice words for Mayor Emanuel, Superintendent McCarthy, the local press, the reverends, and CPD leadership about seemingly reaching that milestone in homicides:
So a big congratulations to Rahm Emanuel and Garry McCompStat. You’ve proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the number of police officers has a direct correlation to the amount of blood running through the street gutters of Chicago. All your spouting off about “properly utilizing the officers we have” and “highest per capita” statistical nonsense? Bullshit. And sitting idly by while the media and reverends crucify officers and allowing years worth of incompetent “merit” promotions run amok throughout the Department? If it wasn’t part of some Grand Plan to destroy the Chicago Police Department, that was the consequence anyway.
I wonder if SCC has another congratulatory statement warming up in the bullpen should we get to that 500 murder mark again?
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Gorner, Jeremy and Nickeas, Peter. “Chicago police backtrack after confirming 500th homicide.” Chicago Tribune. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228,0,5456581.story). 28 Dec. 2012.
SCC. “500 for Sure Now.” Second City Cop. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2012/12/500-for-sure-now.html). 28 Dec. 2012.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana