Chicago is notorious for its strict gun “control.”
And yet, the “Windy City” just reached a grizzly milestone last night with its 500th murder this year.
(Editor’s note: Crime in Chicago blog says we’re at 527)
With 87 percent of these homicides being firearm-related (Washington Post, December 21).
From Jeremy Gorner and Peter Nickeas this morning on the Chicago Tribune website:
[Nathaniel T. Jackson’s] death was apparently the 500th homicide in Chicago this year, marking a grim milestone. The city last reached that toll in 2008…
As of Thursday night, homicides were up 17 percent over last year in Chicago, and shootings had increased by 11 percent, according to police statistics.
Hunter Clauss and Jordan Owen added the following on the Chicago Sun-Times website:
A 40-year-old man fatally shot in the Austin neighborhood Thursday night was the city’s 500th homicide of 2012, authorities said…
The last year the city’s homicide total reached 500 was in 2008, when 512 people were killed, according to police department records.
So, where does the City go from here?
Let me guess. Chicagoans will be lectured on how more gun “control” is needed.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Gorner, Jeremy and Nickeas, Peter. “Grim milestone: Austin shooting apparently 500th homicide in Chicago.” Chicago Tribune. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228,0,5456581.story). 28 Dec. 2012.
Clauss, Hunter and Owen, Jordan. “Man fatally shot in Austin is city’s 500th homicide victim this year.” Chicago Sun-Times. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.suntimes.com/17258972-761/man-fatally-shot-in-austin-is-citys-500th-homicide-victim-this-year.html). 28 Dec. 2012.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas