Chicago is notorious for its strict gun “control.”
And yet, the “Windy City” just reached a grizzly milestone last night with its 500th murder this year.
(Editor’s note: Crime in Chicago blog says we’re at 527)
With 87 percent of these homicides being firearm-related (Washington Post, December 21).
From Jeremy Gorner and Peter Nickeas this morning on the Chicago Tribune website:
[Nathaniel T. Jackson’s] death was apparently the 500th homicide in Chicago this year, marking a grim milestone. The city last reached that toll in 2008…
As of Thursday night, homicides were up 17 percent over last year in Chicago, and shootings had increased by 11 percent, according to police statistics.
Hunter Clauss and Jordan Owen added the following on the Chicago Sun-Times website:
A 40-year-old man fatally shot in the Austin neighborhood Thursday night was the city’s 500th homicide of 2012, authorities said…
The last year the city’s homicide total reached 500 was in 2008, when 512 people were killed, according to police department records.
So, where does the City go from here?
Let me guess. Chicagoans will be lectured on how more gun “control” is needed.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Gorner, Jeremy and Nickeas, Peter. “Grim milestone: Austin shooting apparently 500th homicide in Chicago.” Chicago Tribune. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228,0,5456581.story). 28 Dec. 2012.
Clauss, Hunter and Owen, Jordan. “Man fatally shot in Austin is city’s 500th homicide victim this year.” Chicago Sun-Times. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.suntimes.com/17258972-761/man-fatally-shot-in-austin-is-citys-500th-homicide-victim-this-year.html). 28 Dec. 2012.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?