Chicago is notorious for its strict gun “control.”
And yet, the “Windy City” just reached a grizzly milestone last night with its 500th murder this year.
(Editor’s note: Crime in Chicago blog says we’re at 527)
With 87 percent of these homicides being firearm-related (Washington Post, December 21).
From Jeremy Gorner and Peter Nickeas this morning on the Chicago Tribune website:
[Nathaniel T. Jackson’s] death was apparently the 500th homicide in Chicago this year, marking a grim milestone. The city last reached that toll in 2008…
As of Thursday night, homicides were up 17 percent over last year in Chicago, and shootings had increased by 11 percent, according to police statistics.
Hunter Clauss and Jordan Owen added the following on the Chicago Sun-Times website:
A 40-year-old man fatally shot in the Austin neighborhood Thursday night was the city’s 500th homicide of 2012, authorities said…
The last year the city’s homicide total reached 500 was in 2008, when 512 people were killed, according to police department records.
So, where does the City go from here?
Let me guess. Chicagoans will be lectured on how more gun “control” is needed.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Gorner, Jeremy and Nickeas, Peter. “Grim milestone: Austin shooting apparently 500th homicide in Chicago.” Chicago Tribune. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228,0,5456581.story). 28 Dec. 2012.
Clauss, Hunter and Owen, Jordan. “Man fatally shot in Austin is city’s 500th homicide victim this year.” Chicago Sun-Times. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.suntimes.com/17258972-761/man-fatally-shot-in-austin-is-citys-500th-homicide-victim-this-year.html). 28 Dec. 2012.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?