Chicago is notorious for its strict gun “control.”
And yet, the “Windy City” just reached a grizzly milestone last night with its 500th murder this year.
(Editor’s note: Crime in Chicago blog says we’re at 527)
With 87 percent of these homicides being firearm-related (Washington Post, December 21).
From Jeremy Gorner and Peter Nickeas this morning on the Chicago Tribune website:
[Nathaniel T. Jackson’s] death was apparently the 500th homicide in Chicago this year, marking a grim milestone. The city last reached that toll in 2008…
As of Thursday night, homicides were up 17 percent over last year in Chicago, and shootings had increased by 11 percent, according to police statistics.
Hunter Clauss and Jordan Owen added the following on the Chicago Sun-Times website:
A 40-year-old man fatally shot in the Austin neighborhood Thursday night was the city’s 500th homicide of 2012, authorities said…
The last year the city’s homicide total reached 500 was in 2008, when 512 people were killed, according to police department records.
So, where does the City go from here?
Let me guess. Chicagoans will be lectured on how more gun “control” is needed.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Gorner, Jeremy and Nickeas, Peter. “Grim milestone: Austin shooting apparently 500th homicide in Chicago.” Chicago Tribune. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228,0,5456581.story). 28 Dec. 2012.
Clauss, Hunter and Owen, Jordan. “Man fatally shot in Austin is city’s 500th homicide victim this year.” Chicago Sun-Times. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.suntimes.com/17258972-761/man-fatally-shot-in-austin-is-citys-500th-homicide-victim-this-year.html). 28 Dec. 2012.
Leave a Reply
Please Rate this Blog HERE
9,503 People Visited Last Month
301,566 Visited 11/22/10-4/30/13
- RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Peter Schiff On Recovery Talk: ‘Would Have Thought People Might Have Learned Something By Now’
- Jim Rogers On What’s Happening With Commodities, Gold
- Civic Federation: Funding Continues To Decline For Chicago-Area Public Employee Pension Funds
- Standard-Capacity Ammunition Magazine Ban Passes Out Of Illinois Senate Executive Committee
- Oklahoma Tragedy
- Former High-Ranking Treasury Official: Fed Ordered Attack On Gold
- Marc Faber: U.S. Government Could Manipulate Gold Price Down, Make Illegal And Confiscate, Then Revalue At Much Higher Price
- Quote For The Week
- Newtown Parents Join Chicago-Area Democrats In Push To Ban Standard-Capacity Ammunition Magazines
- Editor on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- anonymous on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Editor on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- zooeyhall on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- Editor on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Nina Impuesta on Quote For The Week
- Nina Impuesta on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- tj & the bear on Quote For The Week