The repeated demand by high-ranking Democrats for more “common-sense” gun “control” should allow for common-sense questions to be asked. CNN had one of Chicago’s more well-known “reverends” on this morning- the Reverend Jesse Jackson- and the host proceeded to ask him about why Chicago-style (strict) gun “control” should be implemented on a larger scale across the country considering the high-level of gun-related violence there (as I type this, Chicago is “officially” at 499 murders for the year, with 87 percent of those homicides firearm-related).
Jackson tried to avoid answering the common-sense question, but the CNN host stopped him with the following:
Reverend. Reverend Jackson, I’m going to make one more turn at this question, because the original question was, Chicago has some of the strictest and most tough gun laws in the country. If this level of gun laws doesn’t work in Chicago, and you still have the guns coming from outside the city in, and now you’ve got 500 homicides this year, what is the argument to extending this nationally and to other cities?
The famous civil rights activist still couldn’t come up with a good answer.
The CNN host concluded:
Chicago has tough laws. It isn’t working.
“Rev. Jesse Jackson Repeatedly-Challenged To Defend Chicago Gun Ban After 500th Homicide This Year”
The Blaze TV Video
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana