Gun “control” looks to be a priority for some on the first day of the new Congress. On December 17, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) announced she would introduce legislation for a new “assault weapons” ban on the day the 113th Congress first meets. And right before this weekend, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced they would be introducing legislation that very same day that would ban Americans from buying or transferring “high-capacity” ammunition magazines. Sam Stein reported on the Huffington Post website on Friday:
House Democrats will introduce legislation to ban the production of high-capacity magazines on the first day of the next congressional session, the office of Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), one of the lawmakers sponsoring the bill, told The Huffington Post.
The Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act will mirror a failed bill introduced during the 112th Congress…
The bill Democrats will introduce would limit magazines, belts, drums, feed strips and “similar device[s]” to 10 rounds of ammunition. It would allow people to hold on to the “large capacity ammunition feeding device[s]” that they currently own, but prohibit them from buying others or transferring the ones they have.
Call me crazy, but something tells me the bad guys won’t be hindered by either of these proposed bans. In fact, in the event the criminals are ever short “hi-cap” mags, don’t be surprised to hear tales of them mastering super-fast magazine changes on the “low-capacity” ones they brought along in more numbers.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Stein, Sam. “High-Capacity Magazines Bill To Be Introduced By Democrats On First Day Of Congressional Session.” Huffington Post. 28 Dec. 2012. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/high-capacity-magazines-bill_n_2376838.html?utm_hp_ref=politics). 31 Dec. 2012.
4 Comments to ‘High-Capacity’ Ammunition Magazine Ban Bill To Be Introduced Thursday In U.S. House
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?