Chicago topped 500 murders in 2012.
Jeremy Gorner and Robert McCoppin reported on the Chicago Tribune website this morning:
Chicago ended 2012 with 506 homicides, according to an unofficial tally released Tuesday — the first time the city has topped 500 since 2008, and a 16 percent increase over 2011…
Chicago’s tally in 2012 was the highest since 2008 and the second-highest since 2003.
Sandra Guy and Kara Spak added Tuesday on the Chicago Sun-Times website:
In 87 percent of Chicago’s 2012 homicides, the deceased died from a gunshot wound, said Melissa Stratton, spokeswoman for the Chicago Police Department.
As 87 percent of last year’s murders were firearm-related, I’m seeing a number of comments popping-up around cyberspace asking something along the lines of “How’s that strict gun ‘control’ working out for you, Chicago?”
One of the local blogs I visit on a regular basis, Crime in Chicago, counts 532 murders in the “Windy City” in 2012- 91 more than in 2011.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Gorner, Jeremy and McCoppin, Robert. “Police: Chicago ends 2012 with 506 homicides.” Chicago Tribune. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-chicago-homicides-2012-20130102,0,3850411.story). 2 Jan. 2013.
Guy, Sandra and Spak, Kara. “Chicago closes 2012 with 506 homicides; three fatal shootings so far this year.” Chicago Sun-Times. 1 Jan. 2013. (http://www.suntimes.com/17333079-761/chicago-closes-2012-with-506-homicides-three-fatal-shootings-so-far-this-year.html). 2 Jan. 2013.
“Chicago ends 2012 with 532 murders 91 more than 2011.” Crime in Chicago. 1 Jan. 2013. (http://crimeinchicago.blogspot.com/2013/01/chicago-ends-2012-with-532-murders-91.html). 2 Jan. 2013.
1 Comment to Chicago Police: 506 Murders In Chicago For 2012
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana