Chicago topped 500 murders in 2012.
Jeremy Gorner and Robert McCoppin reported on the Chicago Tribune website this morning:
Chicago ended 2012 with 506 homicides, according to an unofficial tally released Tuesday — the first time the city has topped 500 since 2008, and a 16 percent increase over 2011…
Chicago’s tally in 2012 was the highest since 2008 and the second-highest since 2003.
Sandra Guy and Kara Spak added Tuesday on the Chicago Sun-Times website:
In 87 percent of Chicago’s 2012 homicides, the deceased died from a gunshot wound, said Melissa Stratton, spokeswoman for the Chicago Police Department.
As 87 percent of last year’s murders were firearm-related, I’m seeing a number of comments popping-up around cyberspace asking something along the lines of “How’s that strict gun ‘control’ working out for you, Chicago?”
One of the local blogs I visit on a regular basis, Crime in Chicago, counts 532 murders in the “Windy City” in 2012- 91 more than in 2011.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Gorner, Jeremy and McCoppin, Robert. “Police: Chicago ends 2012 with 506 homicides.” Chicago Tribune. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-chicago-homicides-2012-20130102,0,3850411.story). 2 Jan. 2013.
Guy, Sandra and Spak, Kara. “Chicago closes 2012 with 506 homicides; three fatal shootings so far this year.” Chicago Sun-Times. 1 Jan. 2013. (http://www.suntimes.com/17333079-761/chicago-closes-2012-with-506-homicides-three-fatal-shootings-so-far-this-year.html). 2 Jan. 2013.
“Chicago ends 2012 with 532 murders 91 more than 2011.” Crime in Chicago. 1 Jan. 2013. (http://crimeinchicago.blogspot.com/2013/01/chicago-ends-2012-with-532-murders-91.html). 2 Jan. 2013.
1 Comment to Chicago Police: 506 Murders In Chicago For 2012
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas