Illinois Senate Democrats Push Two Bills That Ban, Register ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammunition Magazines
“I urge the full Senate to follow the committee’s lead and quickly pass this important legislation.”
-Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, commenting on two gun “control” bills that passed out of the Illinois Senate Public Health Committee tonight, setting the stage for a possible floor vote Thursday
Here’s the latest on the gun and “high-capacity” ammunition magazine bans expected to be pushed through by Democrats in the “lame duck” session (January 2-9) of the Illinois General Assembly. From the Associated Press this evening:
Illinois Senate Democrats who want assault-weapon restrictions will split the issue into separate votes on high-capacity ammunition clips and the guns themselves.
Democratic Sen. Dan Kotowski (koh-TOW’-skee) of Park Ridge told The Associated Press he intends to press legislation to limit ammunition magazines to ten or fewer rounds…
Chicago Democratic Sen. Tony Munoz is expected to sponsor the second bill banning assault weapons “designed for war.”
Uh-oh. As I was typing this the following hit the newswires. From the Associated Press a short time ago:
An Illinois Senate committee, in a party-line vote, has approved restrictions on semiautomatic assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.
One measure would ban the sale of semiautomatic handguns and rifles. People who currently own such weapons could keep them, but would have to register them.
The second proposal would limit ammunition magazines to 10 or fewer rounds.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Semi-automatic rifle and handgun ban?
That’s what the AP is reporting.
Barnini Chakraborty noted on the FOX News site today:
The state Senate got back to work Wednesday. The House plans to return Monday. Both legislative bodies are working against a Jan. 9 deadline — when the state’s new General Assembly will be sworn-in.
That being the case, looks for Illinois Democrats to try and make the proposed gun and magazines bans- and gun registry- the law in Illinois by a week from today.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Illinois Senate to address bans on guns, clips.” Associated Press. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/local/article_27c39e22-553e-11e2-9913-001a4bcf6878.html). 2 Jan. 2013.
“Ill. Senate committee approves bans on guns, clips.” Associated Press. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Ill-Senate-committee-approves-bans-on-guns-clips-4162513.php). 2 Jan. 2013.
Chakraborty, Barnini. “Illinois Dems press forward with gun control bills, firearms group warns of ‘no exemptions’” FOX News. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/illinois-dems-press-forward-with-gun-control-bills-firearms-group-warns-no/). 2 Jan. 2013.
3 Comments to Illinois Senate Democrats Push Two Bills That Ban, Register ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammunition Magazines
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Americans And ‘EU Passport’-Holding Jihadists Fighting In Syria Scrutinized As Potential Terrorists
- Why Illinois Lawmakers Chose Tuesday To Possibly ‘Fix’ The State’s Public Pension Crisis
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70