Illinois Senate Democrats Push Two Bills That Ban, Register ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammunition Magazines
“I urge the full Senate to follow the committee’s lead and quickly pass this important legislation.”
-Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, commenting on two gun “control” bills that passed out of the Illinois Senate Public Health Committee tonight, setting the stage for a possible floor vote Thursday
Here’s the latest on the gun and “high-capacity” ammunition magazine bans expected to be pushed through by Democrats in the “lame duck” session (January 2-9) of the Illinois General Assembly. From the Associated Press this evening:
Illinois Senate Democrats who want assault-weapon restrictions will split the issue into separate votes on high-capacity ammunition clips and the guns themselves.
Democratic Sen. Dan Kotowski (koh-TOW’-skee) of Park Ridge told The Associated Press he intends to press legislation to limit ammunition magazines to ten or fewer rounds…
Chicago Democratic Sen. Tony Munoz is expected to sponsor the second bill banning assault weapons “designed for war.”
Uh-oh. As I was typing this the following hit the newswires. From the Associated Press a short time ago:
An Illinois Senate committee, in a party-line vote, has approved restrictions on semiautomatic assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.
One measure would ban the sale of semiautomatic handguns and rifles. People who currently own such weapons could keep them, but would have to register them.
The second proposal would limit ammunition magazines to 10 or fewer rounds.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Semi-automatic rifle and handgun ban?
That’s what the AP is reporting.
Barnini Chakraborty noted on the FOX News site today:
The state Senate got back to work Wednesday. The House plans to return Monday. Both legislative bodies are working against a Jan. 9 deadline — when the state’s new General Assembly will be sworn-in.
That being the case, looks for Illinois Democrats to try and make the proposed gun and magazines bans- and gun registry- the law in Illinois by a week from today.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (http://www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Illinois Senate to address bans on guns, clips.” Associated Press. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/local/article_27c39e22-553e-11e2-9913-001a4bcf6878.html). 2 Jan. 2013.
“Ill. Senate committee approves bans on guns, clips.” Associated Press. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Ill-Senate-committee-approves-bans-on-guns-clips-4162513.php). 2 Jan. 2013.
Chakraborty, Barnini. “Illinois Dems press forward with gun control bills, firearms group warns of ‘no exemptions’” FOX News. 2 Jan. 2013. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/illinois-dems-press-forward-with-gun-control-bills-firearms-group-warns-no/). 2 Jan. 2013.
3 comments on “Illinois Senate Democrats Push Two Bills That Ban, Register ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammunition Magazines”
Leave a Reply
Please Rate this Blog HERE
9,503 People Visited Last Month
301,566 Visited 11/22/10-4/30/13
- Project Prepper: On The Move
- The Survival Podcast’s Jack Spirko Predicts U.S. Boom, Then Bust Probably ‘10 Years Into The Future Or More’
- Financial Sense Newshour’s Jim Puplava: When Gold Price Manipulation Occurs, Buy Gold
- Number Of Poor In Chicago Suburbs Increased 99% Over Last Decade
- RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Peter Schiff On Recovery Talk: ‘Would Have Thought People Might Have Learned Something By Now’
- Jim Rogers On What’s Happening With Commodities, Gold
- Civic Federation: Funding Continues To Decline For Chicago-Area Public Employee Pension Funds
- Standard-Capacity Ammunition Magazine Ban Passes Out Of Illinois Senate Executive Committee
- Oklahoma Tragedy
- Editor on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- anonymous on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Editor on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- zooeyhall on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- Editor on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Nina Impuesta on Quote For The Week
- Nina Impuesta on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- tj & the bear on Quote For The Week