Only one post today as I’m fighting the flu here in Chicago.
First and foremost, thank you to those readers who’ve sent me “get well” messages. I really appreciate it.
Second, for those readers interested in what I’m battling (not sure if it’s that much-publicized H3N2 flu strain), the first symptom appeared Monday in the form of occasional coughing. By Tuesday, dizziness, a running nose, a sore throat, coughing, body aches, chills, a fever, and fatigue were full-blown. A lot of the above has waned as the hours have gone by Wednesday- except for a slight fever, a runny nose, and the onset today of some real body-wracking sneezes. No nausea or vomiting throughout the whole ordeal though.
Now, I didn’t get a flu shot, I haven’t had the flu since 2009, and the only things I’ve done to “treat” it this time around were rest, liquids, cough syrup, and acetaminophen.
We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. But I suspect I’ll be back on my feet again (although I’ll try and avoid contact with other people for a couple of days still).
I guess I’m pretty lucky, as the local news is reporting a number of Chicagoland residents are heading to hospital emergency rooms for treatment.
“Stay Healthy, My Friends,”
Christopher E. Hill
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70