Only one post today as I’m fighting the flu here in Chicago.
First and foremost, thank you to those readers who’ve sent me “get well” messages. I really appreciate it.
Second, for those readers interested in what I’m battling (not sure if it’s that much-publicized H3N2 flu strain), the first symptom appeared Monday in the form of occasional coughing. By Tuesday, dizziness, a running nose, a sore throat, coughing, body aches, chills, a fever, and fatigue were full-blown. A lot of the above has waned as the hours have gone by Wednesday- except for a slight fever, a runny nose, and the onset today of some real body-wracking sneezes. No nausea or vomiting throughout the whole ordeal though.
Now, I didn’t get a flu shot, I haven’t had the flu since 2009, and the only things I’ve done to “treat” it this time around were rest, liquids, cough syrup, and acetaminophen.
We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. But I suspect I’ll be back on my feet again (although I’ll try and avoid contact with other people for a couple of days still).
I guess I’m pretty lucky, as the local news is reporting a number of Chicagoland residents are heading to hospital emergency rooms for treatment.
“Stay Healthy, My Friends,”
Christopher E. Hill
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Riot-Inspired Purchases During The Ferguson And 2011 England Unrest
- Future Riots In Store For Ferguson, Missouri, And Elsewhere In U.S.?
- This Is What A Good Old Fashioned Chicago Riot Looks Like
- 1992 Los Angeles Riots: ‘There Are No Atheists In Foxholes; There Are No Liberals In Riots’
- JM Bullion Has Silver Britannia, Silver Wood Bison Coins On Sale
- Peter Schiff Bullish On Foreign Stocks, Gold, And Silver
- Marc Faber: ‘The Gold Market Has Bottomed-Out’
- 22 States Now Recognize Illinois Concealed Carry License
- Robert Shiller: ‘The United States Stock Market Looks Very Expensive Right Now’
- Chicagoans’ Personal Safety Compromised By ‘Stoning’ Of Police In Ferguson, Missouri?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana