Readers who have been following my “Project Prepper” series of posts know that I plan on moving from Chicago to the suburbs in the coming months, and then eventually to southeastern Wisconsin. One of the options I’ll be considering to acquire these new residences will be foreclosures. And one real estate information company has really made a name for itself in this area over the last couple of years. Enter RealtyTrac. From their website:
Founded in 1996, RealtyTrac (www.realtytrac.com), is the leading online marketplace of foreclosure properties, with more than 1.5 million default, auction and bank-owned listings from over 2,200 U.S. counties, along with detailed property, loan and home sales data. The company’s mission is to make it easier for consumers, investors and real estate professionals to locate, evaluate, buy and sell properties. RealtyTrac is the only major real estate website to feature foreclosure, auction, bank-owned, for-sale-by-owner, and resale properties.
RealtyTrac collects and aggregates foreclosure data from more than 2,200 counties, covering more than 90 percent of U.S. households, appends the data with estimated property values, comparable sales, loan history, tax lien and bankruptcy records, trustee and lender information and property details and updates the entire database twice daily.
RealtyTrac has been chosen to supply foreclosure data and services to Trulia, Zip Realty, RE/MAX International, Prudential Real Estate, Keller Williams Realty, Long & Foster, Weichert Realtors, Realty Executives, Exit Realty, and many other specialized real estate and local news websites.
“RealtyTrac Revamped for 2013”
So what specifically can RealtyTrac do for me and my girlfriend to help us find a place where we want to live? From the site:
What you get with RealtyTrac
• The most foreclosures in your area – 1.3 million nationwide
• Robust property details with photos, loan history, owner contact info, comparables, and more
• Free foreclosure reports, webinars, video training and online help
• Access to local professionals who can help you buy
• Save up to 50% on a home or investment property
RealtyTrac has been an accredited Better Business Bureau company since 2005, and currently shows an “A+” rating on the BBB website.
The Irvine, California-based outfit offers a free 7-day trial to use their website. After which, paid subscriptions- starting at $49.95 for a single month- are required for continued access to the information.
Click on the banner ad below and see what RealtyTrac can do for you. Please note that by clicking on the ad and purchasing a product, I receive a commission from the sale.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana