Readers who have been following my “Project Prepper” series of posts know that I plan on moving from Chicago to the suburbs in the coming months, and then eventually to southeastern Wisconsin. One of the options I’ll be considering to acquire these new residences will be foreclosures. And one real estate information company has really made a name for itself in this area over the last couple of years. Enter RealtyTrac. From their website:
Founded in 1996, RealtyTrac (www.realtytrac.com), is the leading online marketplace of foreclosure properties, with more than 1.5 million default, auction and bank-owned listings from over 2,200 U.S. counties, along with detailed property, loan and home sales data. The company’s mission is to make it easier for consumers, investors and real estate professionals to locate, evaluate, buy and sell properties. RealtyTrac is the only major real estate website to feature foreclosure, auction, bank-owned, for-sale-by-owner, and resale properties.
RealtyTrac collects and aggregates foreclosure data from more than 2,200 counties, covering more than 90 percent of U.S. households, appends the data with estimated property values, comparable sales, loan history, tax lien and bankruptcy records, trustee and lender information and property details and updates the entire database twice daily.
RealtyTrac has been chosen to supply foreclosure data and services to Trulia, Zip Realty, RE/MAX International, Prudential Real Estate, Keller Williams Realty, Long & Foster, Weichert Realtors, Realty Executives, Exit Realty, and many other specialized real estate and local news websites.
“RealtyTrac Revamped for 2013”
So what specifically can RealtyTrac do for me and my girlfriend to help us find a place where we want to live? From the site:
What you get with RealtyTrac
• The most foreclosures in your area – 1.3 million nationwide
• Robust property details with photos, loan history, owner contact info, comparables, and more
• Free foreclosure reports, webinars, video training and online help
• Access to local professionals who can help you buy
• Save up to 50% on a home or investment property
RealtyTrac has been an accredited Better Business Bureau company since 2005, and currently shows an “A+” rating on the BBB website.
The Irvine, California-based outfit offers a free 7-day trial to use their website. After which, paid subscriptions- starting at $49.95 for a single month- are required for continued access to the information.
Click on the banner ad below and see what RealtyTrac can do for you. Please note that by clicking on the ad and purchasing a product, I receive a commission from the sale.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?