Readers who have been following my “Project Prepper” series of posts know that I plan on moving from Chicago to the suburbs in the coming months, and then eventually to southeastern Wisconsin. One of the options I’ll be considering to acquire these new residences will be foreclosures. And one real estate information company has really made a name for itself in this area over the last couple of years. Enter RealtyTrac. From their website:
Founded in 1996, RealtyTrac (www.realtytrac.com), is the leading online marketplace of foreclosure properties, with more than 1.5 million default, auction and bank-owned listings from over 2,200 U.S. counties, along with detailed property, loan and home sales data. The company’s mission is to make it easier for consumers, investors and real estate professionals to locate, evaluate, buy and sell properties. RealtyTrac is the only major real estate website to feature foreclosure, auction, bank-owned, for-sale-by-owner, and resale properties.
RealtyTrac collects and aggregates foreclosure data from more than 2,200 counties, covering more than 90 percent of U.S. households, appends the data with estimated property values, comparable sales, loan history, tax lien and bankruptcy records, trustee and lender information and property details and updates the entire database twice daily.
RealtyTrac has been chosen to supply foreclosure data and services to Trulia, Zip Realty, RE/MAX International, Prudential Real Estate, Keller Williams Realty, Long & Foster, Weichert Realtors, Realty Executives, Exit Realty, and many other specialized real estate and local news websites.
“RealtyTrac Revamped for 2013”
So what specifically can RealtyTrac do for me and my girlfriend to help us find a place where we want to live? From the site:
What you get with RealtyTrac
• The most foreclosures in your area – 1.3 million nationwide
• Robust property details with photos, loan history, owner contact info, comparables, and more
• Free foreclosure reports, webinars, video training and online help
• Access to local professionals who can help you buy
• Save up to 50% on a home or investment property
RealtyTrac has been an accredited Better Business Bureau company since 2005, and currently shows an “A+” rating on the BBB website.
The Irvine, California-based outfit offers a free 7-day trial to use their website. After which, paid subscriptions- starting at $49.95 for a single month- are required for continued access to the information.
Click on the banner ad below and see what RealtyTrac can do for you. Please note that by clicking on the ad and purchasing a product, I receive a commission from the sale.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas