Citi, an active and well-established market participant in the precious metals marketplace, is out with their latest price forecast for such hard assets. From Francesca Freeman for the Dow Jones Newswires today:
Citi Monday cut its outlook on gold prices for the year ahead, but raised its view on the price prospects of the platinum group metals.
The bank cut its 2013 average gold price forecast by 4% to $1,675 a troy ounce. It raised its 2013 platinum price forecast, meanwhile, by 1.5% to $1,700/oz and its palladium outlook by 4.2% to $775/oz.
Demand is expected to outstrip supply with both platinum and palladium, with the situation more pronounced with the latter.
As for silver, Citi’s outlook remains unchanged from November 2012, when the New York City-based financial services company predicted its average price would be $31 per ounce in 2013, falling to $26.50 per ounce in 2014.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
Freeman, Francesca. “Citi Cuts 2013 Gold Forecast; Upgrades Platinum, Palladium Outlook.” Dow Jones Newswires. 21 Jan. 2013.
(http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013/01/21/citi-cuts-2013-gold-forecast-upgrades-platinum-palladium-outlook/). 21 Jan. 2013.
Kollmeyer, Barbara. “Gold steady as Citi cuts its price forecast.” MarketWatch. 21 Jan. 2013. (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-slightly-up-citi-cuts-its-2013-gold-forecast-2013-01-21?link=MW_latest_news). 21 Jan. 2013.
Badkar, Mamta. “Citi: Here’s What The World’s Most Important Commodities Will Do In 2013.” Business Insider. 26 Nov. 2012.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana