Citi, an active and well-established market participant in the precious metals marketplace, is out with their latest price forecast for such hard assets. From Francesca Freeman for the Dow Jones Newswires today:
Citi Monday cut its outlook on gold prices for the year ahead, but raised its view on the price prospects of the platinum group metals.
The bank cut its 2013 average gold price forecast by 4% to $1,675 a troy ounce. It raised its 2013 platinum price forecast, meanwhile, by 1.5% to $1,700/oz and its palladium outlook by 4.2% to $775/oz.
Demand is expected to outstrip supply with both platinum and palladium, with the situation more pronounced with the latter.
As for silver, Citi’s outlook remains unchanged from November 2012, when the New York City-based financial services company predicted its average price would be $31 per ounce in 2013, falling to $26.50 per ounce in 2014.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
Freeman, Francesca. “Citi Cuts 2013 Gold Forecast; Upgrades Platinum, Palladium Outlook.” Dow Jones Newswires. 21 Jan. 2013.
(http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013/01/21/citi-cuts-2013-gold-forecast-upgrades-platinum-palladium-outlook/). 21 Jan. 2013.
Kollmeyer, Barbara. “Gold steady as Citi cuts its price forecast.” MarketWatch. 21 Jan. 2013. (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-slightly-up-citi-cuts-its-2013-gold-forecast-2013-01-21?link=MW_latest_news). 21 Jan. 2013.
Badkar, Mamta. “Citi: Here’s What The World’s Most Important Commodities Will Do In 2013.” Business Insider. 26 Nov. 2012.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Americans And ‘EU Passport’-Holding Jihadists Fighting In Syria Scrutinized As Potential Terrorists
- Why Illinois Lawmakers Chose Tuesday To Possibly ‘Fix’ The State’s Public Pension Crisis
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70