Citi, an active and well-established market participant in the precious metals marketplace, is out with their latest price forecast for such hard assets. From Francesca Freeman for the Dow Jones Newswires today:
Citi Monday cut its outlook on gold prices for the year ahead, but raised its view on the price prospects of the platinum group metals.
The bank cut its 2013 average gold price forecast by 4% to $1,675 a troy ounce. It raised its 2013 platinum price forecast, meanwhile, by 1.5% to $1,700/oz and its palladium outlook by 4.2% to $775/oz.
Demand is expected to outstrip supply with both platinum and palladium, with the situation more pronounced with the latter.
As for silver, Citi’s outlook remains unchanged from November 2012, when the New York City-based financial services company predicted its average price would be $31 per ounce in 2013, falling to $26.50 per ounce in 2014.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
Freeman, Francesca. “Citi Cuts 2013 Gold Forecast; Upgrades Platinum, Palladium Outlook.” Dow Jones Newswires. 21 Jan. 2013.
(http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013/01/21/citi-cuts-2013-gold-forecast-upgrades-platinum-palladium-outlook/). 21 Jan. 2013.
Kollmeyer, Barbara. “Gold steady as Citi cuts its price forecast.” MarketWatch. 21 Jan. 2013. (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-slightly-up-citi-cuts-its-2013-gold-forecast-2013-01-21?link=MW_latest_news). 21 Jan. 2013.
Badkar, Mamta. “Citi: Here’s What The World’s Most Important Commodities Will Do In 2013.” Business Insider. 26 Nov. 2012.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas