So I finally got the chance Monday to watch season 24, episode 9 of The Simpsons, “Homer Goes to Prep School.” In this installment of the popular animated sitcom on FOX, Homer prepares for “doomsday.” Originally airing back on January 6, the show portrays preppers as extreme and relentlessly pokes fun of them, but should anyone really be surprised considering this is a cartoon we’re talking about here? Regardless, I was laughing my butt off a couple of times during the episode. The Simpsons creative staff really nailed some of the more humorous elements associated with the movement. For example, the outlandish “why we prep” movies found in droves on YouTube (not all are hogwash, mind you). Most modern survivalists I’ve encountered don’t come off anywhere near as goofy as the ones portrayed on the show. If preppers are willing to remember that The Simpsons is purely entertainment/humor, they might enjoy watching “Home Goes to Prep School,” which can be viewed in it entirety on the FOX website here for a limited time only.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70