There’s good and bad news with the latest S&P/Case-Shiller home price data for the Chicago-area housing market.
The good news? In November 2012, Chicago-area home prices were up 0.8 percent year-over-year.
And the bad? Prices fell for the third straight month. From ChicagoRealEstateDaily.com (a Crain’s Chicago Business enterprise) this morning:
A closely watched index of Chicago-area home prices fell again in November, its third straight drop and the biggest decline among a 20-city index.
The S&P/Case-Shiller index of Chicago-area single-family home prices fell 1.3 percent from October to November after dropping 1.6 percent from September to October and 0.6 percent from August to September, according to a report released this morning.
For the second straight month, Chicago posted the biggest decline in a 20-city index where prices fell.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
A week ago, the Illinois Association of Realtors released housing data for all of 2012. Mary Ellen Podmolik reported in Sunday’s Chicago Tribune:
On Tuesday, the Illinois Association of Realtors reported that home sales in the nine-county Chicago area rose almost 27 percent in 2012 from 2011. The inventory of available area homes in December plunged 37 percent from its year-ago comparison, which has led to multiple-offer scenarios and quicker marketing times. Still, the annualized median price slipped 1.5 percent from 2011.
Those pesky home prices…
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Chicago-area home prices fall for third straight month.” ChicagoRealEstateDaily.com. 29 Jan. 2013. (http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/article/20130129/CRED0701/130129771/chicago-area-home-prices-fall-for-third-straight-month). 29 Jan. 2013.
Podmolik, Mary Ellen. “Realtors’ dose of optimism tinged with reality.” Chicago Tribune. 25 Jan. 2013. (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-25/classified/ct-mre-0127-podmolik-homefront-20130125_1_mabel-guzman-median-price-realtors). 29 Jan. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas