One of the “crash prophets” who correctly-predicted the 1998 global economic crisis is trends forecaster Gerald Celente. The founder and director of The Trends Research Institute appeared on RT America last Thursday and echoed what a number of his fellow “crash prophets” (Marc Faber, Jim Rogers, Peter Schiff) are saying these days about money printing and rising asset prices. Celente told viewers:
This is a known strategy. That by lowering interest rates, more money would flow into the equity markets. They knew this. We said this when it was happening when they were starting to do it. So that’s been boosting up the stock market.
And again, the only thing that’s keeping any of this going- not only in the U.S., in the U.K., now in Japan, in the European central banks- they’re all dumping money into the system and lowering interest rates. That’s the only thing that’s keeping it alive, and that’s what propping up the stock market.
Celente- who’s been forecasting trends since 1980- shared his outlook for the next year:
Our forecast for 2013 is more of the same- but worse. We see recession on the horizon. There’s going to be a point… when they have to raise interest rates because of the debasement and the devaluation of the currencies.
When that happens, you’re not going to see homes bought the way they are now. You’re going to see a slow down across the board.
Again, the only thing that’s keeping this going is the cheap money, these zero interest rates, not only in the U.S. but in Japan, around the world.
It’s a currency war. Everyone knows it.
At some point, the interest rates are going to go up. And the economy is going to go down.
“Gerald Celente – RT America with Liz Wahl – January 31, 2013 “
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
Leave a Reply
Please Rate this Blog HERE
9,503 People Visited Last Month
301,566 Visited 11/22/10-4/30/13
- Project Prepper: On The Move
- The Survival Podcast’s Jack Spirko Predicts U.S. Boom, Then Bust Probably ‘10 Years Into The Future Or More’
- Financial Sense Newshour’s Jim Puplava: When Gold Price Manipulation Occurs, Buy Gold
- Number Of Poor In Chicago Suburbs Increased 99% Over Last Decade
- RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Peter Schiff On Recovery Talk: ‘Would Have Thought People Might Have Learned Something By Now’
- Jim Rogers On What’s Happening With Commodities, Gold
- Civic Federation: Funding Continues To Decline For Chicago-Area Public Employee Pension Funds
- Standard-Capacity Ammunition Magazine Ban Passes Out Of Illinois Senate Executive Committee
- Oklahoma Tragedy
- Editor on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- anonymous on RSS Feed Setting Changed
- Editor on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- zooeyhall on A Lesson For Preppers From ‘The Twilight Zone’
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- Editor on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Nina Impuesta on Quote For The Week
- Nina Impuesta on Chicago Reporter Goes Off Anti-Gun Reservation
- Editor on Quote For The Week
- tj & the bear on Quote For The Week