One of the “crash prophets” who correctly-predicted the 1998 global economic crisis is trends forecaster Gerald Celente. The founder and director of The Trends Research Institute appeared on RT America last Thursday and echoed what a number of his fellow “crash prophets” (Marc Faber, Jim Rogers, Peter Schiff) are saying these days about money printing and rising asset prices. Celente told viewers:
This is a known strategy. That by lowering interest rates, more money would flow into the equity markets. They knew this. We said this when it was happening when they were starting to do it. So that’s been boosting up the stock market.
And again, the only thing that’s keeping any of this going- not only in the U.S., in the U.K., now in Japan, in the European central banks- they’re all dumping money into the system and lowering interest rates. That’s the only thing that’s keeping it alive, and that’s what propping up the stock market.
Celente- who’s been forecasting trends since 1980- shared his outlook for the next year:
Our forecast for 2013 is more of the same- but worse. We see recession on the horizon. There’s going to be a point… when they have to raise interest rates because of the debasement and the devaluation of the currencies.
When that happens, you’re not going to see homes bought the way they are now. You’re going to see a slow down across the board.
Again, the only thing that’s keeping this going is the cheap money, these zero interest rates, not only in the U.S. but in Japan, around the world.
It’s a currency war. Everyone knows it.
At some point, the interest rates are going to go up. And the economy is going to go down.
“Gerald Celente – RT America with Liz Wahl – January 31, 2013 “
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Missing ABC7 I-Team Info About Illinois Concealed Carry Security Breach
- Quote For The Week
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas