While I admire U.S. Vice President Joe Biden for his long-time service to our country and the passion he’s brought to the various positions he’s held through the years, I was put off by a tyrannical-sounding comment he reportedly made last night while asking House Democrats to keep fighting for gun “control” during their retreat in Lansdowne, Virginia. Kate Nocera wrote on the POLITICO website yesterday:
He told the members attending the retreat that he was unwavering in his belief that the recommendations the task force has put forward are not in violation of the Second Amendment.
“It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Unfortunately for the Vice President, the fact is, it is not “clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
First off, there’s that phrase “shall not be infringed.”
Secondly, no mention is made of what types of “Arms” the people could- or could not- “keep and bear.” Handgun, shotgun, rifle. Or for those who like to point out the Founding Fathers had no idea of just how far firearm technology would advance by the 21st century- pistol, blunderbuss, musket, rifle. Not a peep.
“Clearly?” Far from it.
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Nocera, Kate. “Joe Biden pushes House Dems on gun control.” POLITICO. 6 Feb. 2013. (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/joe-biden-pushes-house-dems-on-gun-control-87298.html#ixzz2KG6FPq00). 7. Feb. 2013.
5 Comments to Signs Of The Time, Part 59
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70