While I admire U.S. Vice President Joe Biden for his long-time service to our country and the passion he’s brought to the various positions he’s held through the years, I was put off by a tyrannical-sounding comment he reportedly made last night while asking House Democrats to keep fighting for gun “control” during their retreat in Lansdowne, Virginia. Kate Nocera wrote on the POLITICO website yesterday:
He told the members attending the retreat that he was unwavering in his belief that the recommendations the task force has put forward are not in violation of the Second Amendment.
“It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Unfortunately for the Vice President, the fact is, it is not “clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
First off, there’s that phrase “shall not be infringed.”
Secondly, no mention is made of what types of “Arms” the people could- or could not- “keep and bear.” Handgun, shotgun, rifle. Or for those who like to point out the Founding Fathers had no idea of just how far firearm technology would advance by the 21st century- pistol, blunderbuss, musket, rifle. Not a peep.
“Clearly?” Far from it.
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Nocera, Kate. “Joe Biden pushes House Dems on gun control.” POLITICO. 6 Feb. 2013. (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/joe-biden-pushes-house-dems-on-gun-control-87298.html#ixzz2KG6FPq00). 7. Feb. 2013.
5 Comments to Signs Of The Time, Part 59
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana