How many of you have heard that old saying?
“As goes California, so goes the rest of the country.”
Well, Democratic lawmakers are pushing sweeping gun “control” in the “Golden State” these days. And gun rights supporters across the nation are watching intently, fully-aware that what transpires on the “Left Coast” may be coming to their “neck of the woods” soon. From the CBS News website yesterday morning:
Weeks after New York enacted the nation’s toughest gun laws, California lawmakers said Thursday they want their state to do even more in response to recent mass shootings, particularly the Connecticut school massacre.
Democrats who control the state Legislature revealed 10 proposals that they said would make California the most restrictive state for possessing firearms…
Among the measures is one that would outlaw the future sale of semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines. The restriction would prevent quick reloading by requiring bullets to be loaded one at a time.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
See this firearm?
It’s a Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic rifle that’s often used by younger shooters but whose utility, ergonomics, and performance is appreciated by older ones so much that it’s been one of the most popular firearms in the United States for a long time now (it’s been produced since 1964). By the way, it also has a detachable rotary magazine that holds 10 cartridges.
Gone- if these California lawmakers get their way.
Thursday evening on the San Francisco Chronicle website, Wyatt Buchanan listed the other gun “control” measures being proposed:
Not all of the measures announced Thursday have been put in bill form, but they and other recent proposals include:
– Requiring all handgun owners to obtain an annual safety certificate akin to that required for obtaining a concealed weapons permit, which requires holders to take hours-long courses in gun use and safety.
– Barring the loaning or sale of a firearm between people who know each other personally.
– Requiring gun owners to purchase insurance to cover the cost of any damage that could result from use of a firearm.
– A 5-cent tax on each bullet purchased, with the money to be spent on either policing in high-crime areas or mental-illness screening and treatment for children.
– Requirements for ammunition sellers to be registered and sales reported to state officials.
In all, state Senate Democrats plan to introduce seven bills; while in the Assembly, 13 bills and one resolution have been introduced so far, and more may be coming. The bills contain multiple gun regulations.
“The bills contain multiple gun regulations.”
Since there’s that bit about “The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed” in the United States Constitution, I suspect the State of California will be slapped with a lawsuit should the sweeping gun “control” ever be implemented.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Calif. lawmakers seek toughest gun laws in nation.” CBS News/Associated Press. 8 Feb. 2013. (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57568322/calif-lawmakers-seek-toughest-gun-laws-in-nation/). 9 Feb. 2013.
Buchanan, Wyatt. “State lawmakers propose tough gun laws.” San Francisco Chronicle. 8 Feb. 2013. (http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/State-lawmakers-propose-tough-gun-laws-4261890.php). 9 Feb. 2013.
2 Comments to California Democrats Propose Semi-Automatic Rifle Ban, Sweeping Gun ‘Control’ Measures
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
360,266 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Peter Schiff Predicts Gold Going Higher Than $5,000 An Ounce
- Illinois Policy Institute: ‘Illinois Is Exporting Its Higher-Income Earners’
- Project Prepper, Part 26: The Everyday Carry (EDC) Bag
- Casting Call For FOX TV Show ‘UTOPIA’
- ‘Doomsday Preppers’ Season 4 In The Works
- Michael Bloomberg And Heavenly Hubris
- Shocking: Illinois ‘Pole Tax’ Fails To Bring In Projected Revenue
- Surviving A Nuclear Attack On Washington, D.C.
- While Ebola Grabs The Headlines, Coronavirus Makes A Comeback In The Middle East
- Food Insurance Having Buy One, Get One 60% Off Bug-Out Essentials Sale
- Cei mai multi dintre noi nu sintem pregatiti pentru situatia economica cataclismica care va veni. Putem face ceva sau vom fi victime sigure? | Lupul Dacic on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- The nation of America is folding up under divine chastisement | on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- Erric on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- GLOBAL IMPLOSION AND WHY THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND JUST LIED TO THE ENTIRE WORLD | sreaves32 on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Guest Post: 16 Signs That Most Americans Are Not Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- 16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse | 2012: What's the 'real' truth? on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- A Pocketful of Mumbles | OccurrencesDomesticForeign on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Michael Snyder ~ Most Americans Are Not Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse | Shift Frequency on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- 16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse | Olduvaiblog on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…