In case there were still any doubts that U.S. President Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats don’t own the gun “control” issue now, check out this portion of tonight’s State of the Union address:
“Democrats chant ‘Vote!’ as Obama calls for more gun control during State of the Union”
I was a U.S. Senate aide during the 104th United States Congress (1995-1997). You know, the one where Republicans won majorities in the House and Senate for the first time since the 1950s. And I remember distinctly what a number of Democrats said about their push for more gun “control” and securing a 10-year-ban on “assault weapons” just prior to the “Republican Revolution:”
What the hell were we thinking.
Probably not political hara-kiri, which is what resulted.
Something tells me President Obama and Democrats of the 113th Congress are hoping Mark Twain was wrong about his notion that history doesn’t repeat, but it often rhymes.
They’ll find out soon enough, like on November 4, 2014, when elections are held for 33 out of 100 U.S. Senate seats and all 435 U.S. House seats.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Solar Scientist: July 2012 Coronal Mass Ejection And 1859 Carrington Event Show Need To Prepare
- Project Prepper, Part 23: Removing That Military Surplus Smell
- Chicago-Area Forest Preserves: Use With Caution
- Is This What A Prepper Expo Is Really Like?
- Chicago-Area Winter Survival Training Camp Planned For This Weekend
- RedEye: Chicago Passes 400 Murder Mark
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?