In case there were still any doubts that U.S. President Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats don’t own the gun “control” issue now, check out this portion of tonight’s State of the Union address:
“Democrats chant ‘Vote!’ as Obama calls for more gun control during State of the Union”
I was a U.S. Senate aide during the 104th United States Congress (1995-1997). You know, the one where Republicans won majorities in the House and Senate for the first time since the 1950s. And I remember distinctly what a number of Democrats said about their push for more gun “control” and securing a 10-year-ban on “assault weapons” just prior to the “Republican Revolution:”
What the hell were we thinking.
Probably not political hara-kiri, which is what resulted.
Something tells me President Obama and Democrats of the 113th Congress are hoping Mark Twain was wrong about his notion that history doesn’t repeat, but it often rhymes.
They’ll find out soon enough, like on November 4, 2014, when elections are held for 33 out of 100 U.S. Senate seats and all 435 U.S. House seats.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas