How synonymous is Wisconsin with hunting?
Well, consider something I blogged back in October of last year:
While I was in Wisconsin earlier in the week, I checked the family’s mailbox for my latest issue of MidWest Outdoors, a monthly magazine that focuses on fishing, hunting, and camping in the Midwest.
From one of my favorite sections, “Shot Shots and Small Catches,” for October:
There will be over 600,000 hunters this year in the state of Wisconsin. Wisconsin’s hunters will become the eighth largest army in the world.
Wisconsin hunters. 8th largest army in the world. Pretty impressive.
And pretty angry at Wisconsin Democrats right about now from what I hear.
Brian Sikma reported on the website of Media Trackers, a conservative non-profit, non-partisan investigative watchdog, last Friday:
A Democratic state senator and three Democratic state representatives have circulated draft legislation that would ban civilian possession of hollow point or frangible ammunition. According to existing Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regulations, sportsmen and women in Wisconsin must use such ammunition when hunting deer or bear. The Democratic lawmakers, two of whom are freshman, all hail from urban districts in the City of Milwaukee.
The reasoning behind the legislation is a bit muddled. The impact, however, is quite clear. According to a legislative counsel review of the legislation, it would essentially make it impossible for civilians to hunt deer or bear in Wisconsin…
The draft legislation (linked to below) was circulated this week by Sen. Nikiya Harris (D), Rep. Mandela Barnes, (D), Rep. Evan Goyke (D), and Rep. Fred Kessler (D)…
In their e-mail circulating the draft to fellow legislators, the quartet claimed that the military uses hollow point ammunition. “While used by the military for decades – in part because they inflict massive wounds – hollowpoint bullets have little, if any, practical use for self-defense or hunting in everyday society. Tragically, they are essentially human-killing bullets.”
That statement is false.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
Like I said last week. Gun “control.” Democrats own this baby now. And something tells me they might come to regret it come Election Day 2014, just like a number of their predecessors did in the nineties.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Sikma, Brian. “Democrats Seek to Ban Hunting Ammunition in Wisconsin.” Media Trackers. 15 Feb. 2013. (http://mediatrackers.org/2013/02/15/democrats-seek-to-ban-hunting-ammunition-in-wisconsin/). 19 Feb. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?