This past Sunday, February 24, I was given the opportunity to be a guest on Kate Krueger Talking Guns, “Your Source for Gun News, Views and More,” a radio talk-show airing on KFNX 1100 AM (“Independent Talk”) on Sundays, noon to 2 PM, in the Phoenix, Arizona, area and over the Internet as well. The topic of our discussion was those U.S.-made South Korean M1 Garand rifles that are supposed to be coming back home and which I last blogged about here.
While I haven’t been able to confirm anything yet, the rumor I’ve encountered with increasing frequency in cyberspace is that a well-known U.S. firearms importer has the 84,417 Garands and parts in their possession. One seemingly well-informed Civilian Marksmanship Program forum poster even went so far as to say that all the rifles are back on American soil, the importer is sorting and inspecting the guns, and that they’ll be made available for sale sometime this year.
Like I said- this is all rumor at this point in time. But I’m hoping to get confirmation of all this in the coming days.
In the meantime, if you didn’t get a chance to listen to the show this past Sunday (where I name the rumored importer and share more details about this continuing saga), the link can be found on the Talking Guns website in their “Archives” section here (second hour), or just click on/download the following MP3 file:
About the experience? I was nervous (I’m realizing my thoughts flow better via the keyboard), but Kate Krueger was fantastic to talk to and made me feel right at home on the show. And boy does she know her subject material! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. From the Talking Guns website:
Kate has a strong firearms and martial arts background. Although she was not brought up around firearms her fighting spirit eventually brought her to that next logical step. She is an NRA Instructor and a certified Arizona Concealed Carry instructor as well. Her thirst for knowledge has led her to training facilities around the country, Smith & Wesson, Lethal Force Institute (now Massad Ayoob Group), Chapman Academy, Gunsite to name a few. Isshin Ryu was her style of choice in martial arts but she has continued to add to that background with ground fighting, hand to hand, weapon retention and other varients of weapon and empty hand techniques. Through martial arts and shooting competitions over the years she honed her skills.
This knowledge applied to the Garand as well. I was really impressed she knew so much about the U.S.-made rifle, whether it was being able to easily-answer the call-in question from “Tony” in Phoenix about detachable magazines to her discussion about “Garand Thumb” or “M1 Thumb.”
Talking Guns Producer Dana Desing Brewster was also excellent to work with. It was somewhat of a chore (of my making) trying to nail down a date/time for me to appear on the show, but Dana handled this like a real pro.
By the way, near the end of the M1 Garand segment I accidentally interrupted Kate. Kate had the floor, and I was all too happy to oblige. What I was going to say was that those who have been following the story of the South Korean Garands should thank Lee Tae-hoon, formerly of The Korea Times and now back in school from what I understand, and Fredy Riehl over at the shooting sports news website AmmoLand.com for the contributions they’ve made to the repatriation of these iconic rifles. Lee did a tremendous job tracking and writing about these iconic rifles over in the Republic of Korea, and sharing pertinent information with me via e-mail. Fredy made sure the story got out to a much wider audience than my blog currently reaches. The way I see it, I’m just along for the ride- a twisting, turning one with a little bit of mystery thrown in.
Check out the show if you get the chance!
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
360,266 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Resource Of The Week: The Great Northern Prepper’s ‘Prepper Resources’ Page
- JM Bullion 2014 Silver Eagle Special: $2.45 Over Spot Any Quantity
- Gallup Poll: U.S. Adults Think Real Estate, Followed By Gold And Stocks, Is Best Long-Term Investment
- 31 Percent Of Chicago-Area Homeowners With Mortgages ‘Seriously Underwater’
- On TV: 10 Ways To End The World
- Peter Schiff Predicts Gold Going Higher Than $5,000 An Ounce
- Illinois Policy Institute: ‘Illinois Is Exporting Its Higher-Income Earners’
- Project Prepper, Part 26: The Everyday Carry (EDC) Bag
- Casting Call For FOX TV Show ‘UTOPIA’
- ‘Doomsday Preppers’ Season 4 In The Works
- Cei mai multi dintre noi nu sintem pregatiti pentru situatia economica cataclismica care va veni. Putem face ceva sau vom fi victime sigure? | Lupul Dacic on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- The nation of America is folding up under divine chastisement | on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- Erric on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- GLOBAL IMPLOSION AND WHY THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND JUST LIED TO THE ENTIRE WORLD | sreaves32 on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Guest Post: 16 Signs That Most Americans Are Not Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- 16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse | 2012: What's the 'real' truth? on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- A Pocketful of Mumbles | OccurrencesDomesticForeign on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Michael Snyder ~ Most Americans Are Not Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse | Shift Frequency on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- 16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse | Olduvaiblog on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…