This past Sunday, February 24, I was given the opportunity to be a guest on Kate Krueger Talking Guns, “Your Source for Gun News, Views and More,” a radio talk-show airing on KFNX 1100 AM (“Independent Talk”) on Sundays, noon to 2 PM, in the Phoenix, Arizona, area and over the Internet as well. The topic of our discussion was those U.S.-made South Korean M1 Garand rifles that are supposed to be coming back home and which I last blogged about here.
While I haven’t been able to confirm anything yet, the rumor I’ve encountered with increasing frequency in cyberspace is that a well-known U.S. firearms importer has the 84,417 Garands and parts in their possession. One seemingly well-informed Civilian Marksmanship Program forum poster even went so far as to say that all the rifles are back on American soil, the importer is sorting and inspecting the guns, and that they’ll be made available for sale sometime this year.
Like I said- this is all rumor at this point in time. But I’m hoping to get confirmation of all this in the coming days.
In the meantime, if you didn’t get a chance to listen to the show this past Sunday (where I name the rumored importer and share more details about this continuing saga), the link can be found on the Talking Guns website in their “Archives” section here (second hour), or just click on/download the following MP3 file:
About the experience? I was nervous (I’m realizing my thoughts flow better via the keyboard), but Kate Krueger was fantastic to talk to and made me feel right at home on the show. And boy does she know her subject material! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. From the Talking Guns website:
Kate has a strong firearms and martial arts background. Although she was not brought up around firearms her fighting spirit eventually brought her to that next logical step. She is an NRA Instructor and a certified Arizona Concealed Carry instructor as well. Her thirst for knowledge has led her to training facilities around the country, Smith & Wesson, Lethal Force Institute (now Massad Ayoob Group), Chapman Academy, Gunsite to name a few. Isshin Ryu was her style of choice in martial arts but she has continued to add to that background with ground fighting, hand to hand, weapon retention and other varients of weapon and empty hand techniques. Through martial arts and shooting competitions over the years she honed her skills.
This knowledge applied to the Garand as well. I was really impressed she knew so much about the U.S.-made rifle, whether it was being able to easily-answer the call-in question from “Tony” in Phoenix about detachable magazines to her discussion about “Garand Thumb” or “M1 Thumb.”
Talking Guns Producer Dana Desing Brewster was also excellent to work with. It was somewhat of a chore (of my making) trying to nail down a date/time for me to appear on the show, but Dana handled this like a real pro.
By the way, near the end of the M1 Garand segment I accidentally interrupted Kate. Kate had the floor, and I was all too happy to oblige. What I was going to say was that those who have been following the story of the South Korean Garands should thank Lee Tae-hoon, formerly of The Korea Times and now back in school from what I understand, and Fredy Riehl over at the shooting sports news website AmmoLand.com for the contributions they’ve made to the repatriation of these iconic rifles. Lee did a tremendous job tracking and writing about these iconic rifles over in the Republic of Korea, and sharing pertinent information with me via e-mail. Fredy made sure the story got out to a much wider audience than my blog currently reaches. The way I see it, I’m just along for the ride- a twisting, turning one with a little bit of mystery thrown in.
Check out the show if you get the chance!
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?