Seeing that gold prices are somewhat schizophrenic these days, I thought I’d surf the Internet to see what some of the “big” financial institutions are predicting concerning the direction the precious metal might take. I found there to be no shortage of gold price forecasts out there. From the MarketWatch blog The Tell on Tuesday:
Goldman slashed its three-month gold-price forecast to $1,615 an ounce from $1,825, its six-month forecast to $1,600 an ounce from $1,805 and its 12-month forecast to $1,550 an ounce from $1,800…
Also on Monday, a BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research report said the larger bull trend for gold remains intact. “From the perspective of contrarian opinion analysis, a bottom and bullish turn in gold is close at hand.”
And Morgan Stanley said gold prices are “nearing the bottom of their trading range of US$1,540/oz to US$1,800/oz.”
At UBS, analyst Julien Garren said a major gold rally is coming in the third quarter.
Last week, though, Citi was talking price hibernation for gold, as news that George Soros and another big hedge fund were backing off gold.
There’s also this from Bloomberg on the Taipei Times (Taiwan) website yesterday:
An inevitable unwinding of gold’s 12-year bull market has begun, Credit Suisse Group AG said on Thursday in a report.
Geez. Even these forecasts are all over the place.
As far as I can tell, the underlying fundamentals behind gold’s generally steady rise are still intact. The world’s central banks have the printing presses going at full speed in what some are calling a new global currency war. And just this Tuesday Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reaffirmed his support for the central bank’s $85 billion bond-buying program, or what’s come to be known as QE4.
Yep, the yellow metal still has some glimmer left to it it seems
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
“Gold forecast melee: Goldman joins in, slashes forecast to $1,550.” The Tell. 26 Feb. 2013. (http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/02/26/gold-forecast-melee-goldman-joins-in-slashes-forecast-to-1550/). 27 Feb. 2013.
“Gold’s price cycle likely to have turned: analysts.” Bloomberg. 27 Feb. 2013. (http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2013/02/27/2003555794). 27 Feb. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana