Gun “control” supporters in Illinois are giddy this week. In preliminary voting Tuesday, Illinois House members approved limitations on the right to carry a concealed weapon, barring guns from schools, public transit, and amusement parks, among other locations in the state. And then there’s the victory of NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg-supported Robin Kelly also on Tuesday in the special Democratic primary for the U.S. Congressional 2nd District. In Kelly’s victory speech, she told supporters:
You’ve sent a message that was heard around our state and across the nation. A message that tells the NRA that their days of holding the country hostage are coming to an end. And their days of scaring Congress into submission on gun “control” are coming to a close. You came together, you gave us your time, you knocked on doors, you made calls, you shared with us your heart-wrenching stories of love and loss, of broken dreams, and unfulfilled potential. You cried with us, you fought for us, and you told the NRA and their allies in Congress and around the country that we, we the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, grandchildren, friends and neighbors, the families of the fallen, the neighbors living in fear, we are united in our mission to end the killing in our streets.
I don’t know about you, but it doesn’t make much sense to me to blame a group of civic-minded, law-abiding gun owners for the actions of criminals.
“But Chris, the NRA is allowing gun violence to continue by not allowing more laws to be implemented.”
Gun “control” doesn’t work, if only because criminals don’t give a rat’s butt about the law. Not to mention there are reportedly 22,000 gun laws on the books now in America, yet the “killing in our streets” continues. And if such laws are so effective, then why is the poster-child for strict gun “control” in the country- my hometown of Chicago- also the “Deadliest Global City” among the world’s Alpha cities?
Anyway, that’s what’s going on in the “Land of Lincoln” today as it concerns gun “control.”
On the flipside, there’s our neighbors to the north- Wisconsin. Kevin Wang of the Associated Press reported this past weekend:
Amid continuing debate over cutting gun violence, Republicans in control of the Wisconsin Legislature say it’s unlikely the state will pass any gun-control legislation this session.
While some other states and Congress mull bans on assault weapons or high-capacity magazines, or tighter background checks on buyers, Wisconsin Republicans say they will focus instead on potential gaps in the state’s mental health system.
“I’d be really surprised if anything passes here in Wisconsin that would restrict gun access,” said state Sen. Glenn Grothman, R-West Bend. “We haven’t talked about it because we’re not going to do it.”
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
You mean, Wisconsin is looking into its mental health system after recent mass shootings committed by possibly mentally-ill individuals rather than blaming and pushing more restrictions on law-abiding gun owners for the actions of criminals?
Outrageous, I tell you!
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
Pearson, Rick and Ruthhart, Bill. “Kelly easily wins Democratic race to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress.” Chicago Tribune. 27 Feb. 2013. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/clout/chi-2nd-congressional-district-jackson-20130226,0,4718425.story). 27 Feb. 2013.
Wang, Kevin. “Wisconsin GOP: Don’t look for new gun restrictions in state.” Associated Press. 24 Feb. 2013. (http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_22660434/wisconsin-gop-dont-look-new-gun-restrictions-state). 27 Feb. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70