First it was “crash prophet” Jeremy Grantham warning:
Courtesy of the above Fed policy, all global assets are once again becoming overpriced.
Now, Peter Schiff is saying the same about housing.
And that America’s “day of reckoning” is right around the bend.
From a March 1 entry posted on The Schiff Report YouTube video blog:
The Fed influenced the housing market during the bubble predominantly by influencing the short end, making it easier for people to take out ARMs. Today, the Fed is influencing the housing market not predominantly by influencing adjustable rate mortgages, but by outright buying 30-year fixed-rate mortgages to drive mortgage interest rates down to record lows. But in both cases, it was the Fed’s interference that inflated the prices, inflated the bubbles, and there’s going to be a disastrous consequence when this bubble bursts. Although this bubble, is not going to be, I think, as large as the previous bubble. I think the consequences will be much bigger, as the Fed is not going to succeed in elevating home prices. But what they are succeeding at doing is transferring significant percentages of bad mortgages from the private sector to the Federal Reserve. In fact, the federal government has never been more involved in the housing market than it is today. Not only does the government insure over 90 percent of the mortgages, through the FHA, through Fannie, and Freddie. But now the government owns the mortgages. The Federal Reserve is financing them. The Federal Reserve is buying $45 billion worth of mortgages every month. So the government is the housing market…
Now President Obama, we’s got a bigger bubble going during his presidency, and he ain’t getting out of Dodge either. Only this time, I think, the bubble is going to burst not late in his second term, but early. And the difference is going to be- there are no more bailouts. This is the last bubble. This is the biggest bubble. In my book, The Real Crash: America’s Coming Bankruptcy: How to Save Yourself and Your Country, I call it the “government bubble.” That’s what we have. This is the final bubble, and there is no bailout. We’re finally going to have to deal with the consequences of our profligacy. And the problem is, because we’ve kicked the can down the road for so long, right? We’ve papered it over with so much inflation, that the problems have gotten that much worse, which means when we finally are forced to confront them. And again, we’re going to be forced to do it. We’re not going to do it on our own. We’re not going to voluntarily check into rehab. We’re going to have to be forced to do it, because we’ve hit rock bottom, and the world has done an intervention. This “day of reckoning” is coming. And it’s not because of the sequester. Everybody is making a big deal about how painful this sequester is supposed to be. Well this is nothing compared to what’s really going to happen when we really have to swallow the bitter tasting medicine to restore health to an economy that is virtually going to be on its deathbed as a result of all the bad medicine that has been forced-fed it over the years by the Federal Reserve, by Congress, to mask the symptoms while the underlying disease gets that much worse.
“Bernanke Almost Comes Clean On ‘Exit’ Strategy”
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein.)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
360,266 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- IEMA: First-Ever America’s PrepareAthon! To Be Held On April 30
- Go-To Gear For When The Lights Go Out
- Status Of West Coast Earthquake Early Warning System
- Chicago-Area Lakes Hit By Bad Fish Kill
- Chicago Gangs Completely Out Of Control?
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: The Great Northern Prepper’s ‘Prepper Resources’ Page
- JM Bullion 2014 Silver Eagle Special: $2.45 Over Spot Any Quantity
- Gallup Poll: U.S. Adults Think Real Estate, Followed By Gold And Stocks, Is Best Long-Term Investment
- Cei mai multi dintre noi nu sintem pregatiti pentru situatia economica cataclismica care va veni. Putem face ceva sau vom fi victime sigure? | Lupul Dacic on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- The nation of America is folding up under divine chastisement | on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- Erric on Springfield, Illinois, Named America’s 3rd Most Dangerous City
- GLOBAL IMPLOSION AND WHY THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND JUST LIED TO THE ENTIRE WORLD | sreaves32 on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Guest Post: 16 Signs That Most Americans Are Not Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- 16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse | 2012: What's the 'real' truth? on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- A Pocketful of Mumbles | OccurrencesDomesticForeign on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Michael Snyder ~ Most Americans Are Not Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse | Shift Frequency on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- 16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse | Olduvaiblog on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…