Illinois House Democrats Approve Bill Amendments Banning ‘Assault Weapons’ And ‘High-Capacity’ Magazines
Democrats in the Illinois House of Representatives are pushing forward to ban “assault weapons” and “high-capacity” ammunition magazines. From the Associated Press last night:
The Illinois House on Tuesday voted in favor of bans on semi-automatic assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines, though the proposals still face several legislative battles before they could become law.
The approved proposals were six amendments to a bill that House Speaker Michael Madigan left blank on purpose, and they were okayed in an unusual process that Madigan began using last week to allow legislators to debate at length on contentious topics. The House still must approve the full piece of legislation for it to move to the Senate, and none of the six votes taken Tuesday as lawmakers debated what would go into the measure had the same support as what is required for a bill to pass the House.
Republican legislators in the Illinois House refused to cast votes.
Gun rights supporters in the “Land of Lincoln” remain hopeful that the gun “control” legislation will fail. Zach Buchheit reported on the Chicago Sun-Times website last night:
While members voted to add the measures to an overall bill, the closest any vote came to meeting the minimum 60 votes needed for a bill to pass in the House was still two votes shy. The legislation cannot become law until the House passes the entire adopted piece of legislation, which is sponsored by House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago).
This is “Madiganistan.” Something tells me the powerful House Speaker might get the required votes to pass the larger bill. And remember, after last November’s elections Democrats now have a super-majority in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly, as well as a pro-gun “control” governor in Pat Quinn.
If you’re an Illinois resident whose representative to the Illinois House is a Democrat but has been pro-gun rights up to now, now is a great time to contact them and remind that legislator just how important this issue and legislation is to you.
Because something tells me this might be your last chance as it concerns being able to legally own/possess military-pattern semi-automatic rifles and standard-capacity ammunition magazines within the state of Illinois.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Illinois House OKs amendments banning semi-auto guns.” Associated Press. 5 Mar. 2013. (http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1037519821/Ill-House-OKs-amendments-banning-semi-auto-guns). 6 Mar. 2013.
Buchheit, Zach. “Illinois House advances assault weapons ban, but short on votes to pass bill.” Chicago Sun-Times. 5 Mar. 2013. (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/18658704-418/illinois-house-advances-assault-weapons-ban-but-short-on-votes-to-pass-bill.html). 6 Mar. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70