Illinois House Democrats Approve Bill Amendments Banning ‘Assault Weapons’ And ‘High-Capacity’ Magazines
Democrats in the Illinois House of Representatives are pushing forward to ban “assault weapons” and “high-capacity” ammunition magazines. From the Associated Press last night:
The Illinois House on Tuesday voted in favor of bans on semi-automatic assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines, though the proposals still face several legislative battles before they could become law.
The approved proposals were six amendments to a bill that House Speaker Michael Madigan left blank on purpose, and they were okayed in an unusual process that Madigan began using last week to allow legislators to debate at length on contentious topics. The House still must approve the full piece of legislation for it to move to the Senate, and none of the six votes taken Tuesday as lawmakers debated what would go into the measure had the same support as what is required for a bill to pass the House.
Republican legislators in the Illinois House refused to cast votes.
Gun rights supporters in the “Land of Lincoln” remain hopeful that the gun “control” legislation will fail. Zach Buchheit reported on the Chicago Sun-Times website last night:
While members voted to add the measures to an overall bill, the closest any vote came to meeting the minimum 60 votes needed for a bill to pass in the House was still two votes shy. The legislation cannot become law until the House passes the entire adopted piece of legislation, which is sponsored by House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago).
This is “Madiganistan.” Something tells me the powerful House Speaker might get the required votes to pass the larger bill. And remember, after last November’s elections Democrats now have a super-majority in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly, as well as a pro-gun “control” governor in Pat Quinn.
If you’re an Illinois resident whose representative to the Illinois House is a Democrat but has been pro-gun rights up to now, now is a great time to contact them and remind that legislator just how important this issue and legislation is to you.
Because something tells me this might be your last chance as it concerns being able to legally own/possess military-pattern semi-automatic rifles and standard-capacity ammunition magazines within the state of Illinois.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Illinois House OKs amendments banning semi-auto guns.” Associated Press. 5 Mar. 2013. (http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1037519821/Ill-House-OKs-amendments-banning-semi-auto-guns). 6 Mar. 2013.
Buchheit, Zach. “Illinois House advances assault weapons ban, but short on votes to pass bill.” Chicago Sun-Times. 5 Mar. 2013. (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/18658704-418/illinois-house-advances-assault-weapons-ban-but-short-on-votes-to-pass-bill.html). 6 Mar. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana