Illinois House Democrats Approve Bill Amendments Banning ‘Assault Weapons’ And ‘High-Capacity’ Magazines
Democrats in the Illinois House of Representatives are pushing forward to ban “assault weapons” and “high-capacity” ammunition magazines. From the Associated Press last night:
The Illinois House on Tuesday voted in favor of bans on semi-automatic assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines, though the proposals still face several legislative battles before they could become law.
The approved proposals were six amendments to a bill that House Speaker Michael Madigan left blank on purpose, and they were okayed in an unusual process that Madigan began using last week to allow legislators to debate at length on contentious topics. The House still must approve the full piece of legislation for it to move to the Senate, and none of the six votes taken Tuesday as lawmakers debated what would go into the measure had the same support as what is required for a bill to pass the House.
Republican legislators in the Illinois House refused to cast votes.
Gun rights supporters in the “Land of Lincoln” remain hopeful that the gun “control” legislation will fail. Zach Buchheit reported on the Chicago Sun-Times website last night:
While members voted to add the measures to an overall bill, the closest any vote came to meeting the minimum 60 votes needed for a bill to pass in the House was still two votes shy. The legislation cannot become law until the House passes the entire adopted piece of legislation, which is sponsored by House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago).
This is “Madiganistan.” Something tells me the powerful House Speaker might get the required votes to pass the larger bill. And remember, after last November’s elections Democrats now have a super-majority in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly, as well as a pro-gun “control” governor in Pat Quinn.
If you’re an Illinois resident whose representative to the Illinois House is a Democrat but has been pro-gun rights up to now, now is a great time to contact them and remind that legislator just how important this issue and legislation is to you.
Because something tells me this might be your last chance as it concerns being able to legally own/possess military-pattern semi-automatic rifles and standard-capacity ammunition magazines within the state of Illinois.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Illinois House OKs amendments banning semi-auto guns.” Associated Press. 5 Mar. 2013. (http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1037519821/Ill-House-OKs-amendments-banning-semi-auto-guns). 6 Mar. 2013.
Buchheit, Zach. “Illinois House advances assault weapons ban, but short on votes to pass bill.” Chicago Sun-Times. 5 Mar. 2013. (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/18658704-418/illinois-house-advances-assault-weapons-ban-but-short-on-votes-to-pass-bill.html). 6 Mar. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
87,086 Unique Visitors in 2013
355,845 Unique Visitors from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Record Net Worth Result Of Fed Blowing Bubbles In Housing, Stocks?
- Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy On IL Concealed Carry Licenses: ‘Stand By And Watch What Happens’
- How Prepping Saved Many Alsatian Jews From the Nazis
- Moody’s Downgrades Chicago’s Credit Rating Again, Issues Negative Outlook
- HSBC: China, Not Investment Demand From West, Now Steering Gold Prices
- The Civic Federation Proposes Plan For Achieving Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability In Illinois
- Illinois Gun Owners To March, Lobby In State Capital Tomorrow
- Expert: Southern California Megaquake Possible, Economic Loss Could Exceed $200 Billion
- Peter Schiff: U.S. GDP Fell From 2.8 Percent In 2012 To 1.9 Percent In 2013
- U.S. Special Ops Chief Warns Of ‘Broader Threat’ From Al-Qaeda
- Editor on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Fred H on Can 4-Methylcyclohexane Methanol Be Filtered From Contaminated West Virginia Water?
- Kurt A on Free Online Survival Training Summit Starts Monday
- My Info on Chicago Named A Top ‘Hellhole’ In America
- Editor on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- Prep Mister on On TV: Doomsday Preppers ‘The Time of Reckoning’ Review
- james on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Rob Dawg on JM Bullion Presale Of 2014 American Silver Eagles
- Editor on Peter Schiff: ‘The Fundamentals For Gold Have Never Been Better Than They Are Now’
- Editor on Merry Christmas