Another “Dr. Doom” is talking of a stock market correction these days.
Nouriel Roubini, co-founder and chairman of Roubini Global Economics, spoke with CNBC Europe from Lake Como, Italy, last Friday. The former Treasury official in the Clinton administration, who correctly-called the 2008 global financial crisis, talked about the U.S. economy and larger financial system. “Dr. Doom” told viewers don’t expect quantitative easing to go away anytime soon:
Increasingly QE has less effects really on the economy. There is some credit creation right now. There is a positive and so on. But certainly it is becoming ineffective. The trouble is if you take away QE very fast you could have a significant back up in long rates, and that’s going to essentially kill the recovery in its tracks. Therefore, the Fed has no choice but maintaining QE3 for as far as I can see.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
In addition, the professor of economics at NYU warned of a possible correction in stocks later this year:
Down the stream, second half of the year, the U.S. stock market could correct somehow.
“Roubini Warns on US Economy”
Definitely more subdued than the other “Doctor Dooms”- Marc Faber and Peter Schiff- on the near-term prospects for the U.S. economy and financial markets.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70