Another “Dr. Doom” is talking of a stock market correction these days.
Nouriel Roubini, co-founder and chairman of Roubini Global Economics, spoke with CNBC Europe from Lake Como, Italy, last Friday. The former Treasury official in the Clinton administration, who correctly-called the 2008 global financial crisis, talked about the U.S. economy and larger financial system. “Dr. Doom” told viewers don’t expect quantitative easing to go away anytime soon:
Increasingly QE has less effects really on the economy. There is some credit creation right now. There is a positive and so on. But certainly it is becoming ineffective. The trouble is if you take away QE very fast you could have a significant back up in long rates, and that’s going to essentially kill the recovery in its tracks. Therefore, the Fed has no choice but maintaining QE3 for as far as I can see.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
In addition, the professor of economics at NYU warned of a possible correction in stocks later this year:
Down the stream, second half of the year, the U.S. stock market could correct somehow.
“Roubini Warns on US Economy”
Definitely more subdued than the other “Doctor Dooms”- Marc Faber and Peter Schiff- on the near-term prospects for the U.S. economy and financial markets.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana