Another “Dr. Doom” is talking of a stock market correction these days.
Nouriel Roubini, co-founder and chairman of Roubini Global Economics, spoke with CNBC Europe from Lake Como, Italy, last Friday. The former Treasury official in the Clinton administration, who correctly-called the 2008 global financial crisis, talked about the U.S. economy and larger financial system. “Dr. Doom” told viewers don’t expect quantitative easing to go away anytime soon:
Increasingly QE has less effects really on the economy. There is some credit creation right now. There is a positive and so on. But certainly it is becoming ineffective. The trouble is if you take away QE very fast you could have a significant back up in long rates, and that’s going to essentially kill the recovery in its tracks. Therefore, the Fed has no choice but maintaining QE3 for as far as I can see.
(Editor’s note: Italics added for emphasis)
In addition, the professor of economics at NYU warned of a possible correction in stocks later this year:
Down the stream, second half of the year, the U.S. stock market could correct somehow.
“Roubini Warns on US Economy”
Definitely more subdued than the other “Doctor Dooms”- Marc Faber and Peter Schiff- on the near-term prospects for the U.S. economy and financial markets.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s note: I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?