I often hear the following question asked these days:
Why are supporters of gun rights so unwilling to compromise?
If the people asking the question took the time to study the history of gun “control” in America the answer would become pretty obvious to them.
All right, most of them.
But the following exchange at the “One Billion Rising” Rally in the nation’s capital on Valentine’s Day between U.S. Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-IL 9th District) and conservative video journalist Jason Mattera should provide some insight as to why the pro-Second Amendment crowd continues to “stick to their guns.”
MATTERA: So the assault weapons ban is just the beginning?
SCHAKOWSKY: Oh absolutely. I mean, I’m against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun… something. Yeah, I’m a member of that. So, absolutely.
“Rep. Jan Schakowsky: Assault Weapons ban ‘Just the Beginning’”
Sounds to me like a push to ban handguns is in the cards as well.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Project Prepper, Part 22: The Nutnfancy Project’s Emergency Water Storage Video
- Cyber Monday Sale Continues At Nitro-Pak Preparedness Center
- 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- WSJ Calls Proposed ‘Fix’ To Illinois Public Pension Crisis ‘Fake’
- Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Americans And ‘EU Passport’-Holding Jihadists Fighting In Syria Scrutinized As Potential Terrorists
- Why Illinois Lawmakers Chose Tuesday To Possibly ‘Fix’ The State’s Public Pension Crisis
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70