Anyone ever read David Crawford’s post-apocalyptic novel Lights Out? I did. Great book. And it could be coming to the silver screen soon as well. I received the following yesterday afternoon regarding an Indiegogo.com Crowdfunding Campaign for the project:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DAVID CRAWFORD’S REVOLUTIONARY INTERNET BEST-SELLER “LIGHTS OUT” TO BECOME A FEATURE FILM
PRODUCED BY REEL EQUITY FUNDING & ATLANTA’S BUG-OUT BAG PRODUCTIONS,
DIRECTED BY THE BROTHERS YOUNG
Action-Packed, Post- Apocalyptic Prepper Novel Has Been Downloaded Over Three Million Times
Indiegogo.com Crowdfunding Campaign Launches Today at
www.indiegogo.com/projects/lights-out-saga / www.lightsoutsaga.com
March 18, 2013 – ATLANTA – David Crawford’s wildly-successful, action-packed, post-apocalyptic novel LIGHTS OUT (lightsoutthebook.com) will soon become a feature film executive produced by Reel Equity Funding, Inc. (REF) and Atlanta-based Bug-Out Bag Productions (bugoutbagproductions.com). Downloaded over three million times, the novel has been championed by America’s growing “prepper” and 2nd Amendment Rights communities. The Brothers Young will direct the film, with pre-production and casting to start immediately in Atlanta. REF and Bug-Out Bag Productions recently wrapped production on feature film “Remnants,” with Tom Sizemore.
LIGHTS OUT’s Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign (indiegogo.com/projects/lights-out-saga) launches today, with a set goal of $175,000 for production costs. In exchange for contributions, the filmmakers and supporters 5.11 Tactical, Noveske Shooting Team, AR15.com, Airsoft Extreme, and Mystery Ranch are providing perks such as personal thank you’s; Limited Edition DVDs; 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Backpacks; and special mentions in the film credits just to name a few. In addition, for the first 48 hours of the campaign, all contributors who donate $50 or more will receive a limited edition Challenge Coin (after that, the Coin is only reserved for Legend Level donors). The campaign runs through April 21.
In the tradition of “The Walking Dead,” the film LIGHTS OUT examines how a group of everyday middle-class Americans copes with a worldwide disaster that takes down the nation’s electrical grid, flips all technology off, and throws the country into a harrowing, fend-for-yourself downward spiral – as currently anticipated by preppers and planned for by the CDC, FEMA, and others. The story focuses on suburban accountant, karate instructor, and hunting enthusiast Mark Turner, who must find the strength within to unite his family, friends, and neighbors if any of them are to survive the harsh reality of life as the veneer of civilization strips away.
Initially shared by readers from a variety of prepper and gun enthusiast online communities – including AR15.com, BackwoodsHome.com, FrugalSquirrels.com, and TheSurvivalPodcast.com — this popular serialized novel was ultimately collected and published in December 2010…
I understand the first 48 hours of the Indiegogo.com Crowdfunding Campaign ends tonight, Tuesday, March 19, at midnight. So if you’re planning on donating over $50 to the project and want that limited edition Challenge Coin…
More information can be found on the Lights Out funding page on Indiegogo here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Study: Illinois Government Bloated With 6,963 Local Governing Bodies
- Pandemic Tops Global Insurance Executive Rankings Of ‘Extreme’ Risks To Their Industry
- Thoughts On Illinois State Lawmakers Passing Public Pension ‘Fix’
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?
- Editor on Signs Of The Time, Part 70