Peter Schiff, Euro Pacific Capital CEO/Chief Global Strategist, talked about the proposed Cyprus “bail-in” despite Cyrpiot bank accounts having deposit insurance in his March 18 entry on The Schiff Report YouTube video blog. Schiff, who correctly-called the 2008 global economic crisis and U.S. housing bust, warned viewers:
You know, ultimately, the same thing is going to happen in the United States. We’ve got deposit insurance here in America. But eventually, we’re going to be faced with a similar problem. When interest rates rise, and big banks fail, the FDIC doesn’t have the money for a bailout. And, if the Fed is tightening, the Treasury doesn’t have the money to bail anybody out. So, we’re going to be in the same situation.
Schiff sees the Cyprus fiasco as being bullish for gold. He added yesterday:
I think, first of all, that this is a very positive development for gold. Now, the reason for that is that bank deposits are at risk. And if you think your money is at risk in a bank and you pull it out, what are you going to do with it? Well, putting it in gold is a great alternative. In fact, if you had euros deposited in a Cyprus bank, now you’ve lost about 10 percent, close to 10 percent of the value of those deposits, or 10 percent of your euros. But if you had gold in a safety deposit box in a Cyprus bank, you haven’t lost an ounce. So the people who have gold are whole, and those who have euros, or other currencies you had on deposit, but they’ve had a loss. So this highlights the safe haven aspect of gold.
“Insured Bank Deposits At Risk, America Burns While Obama Golfs”
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein.)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana