Peter Schiff, Euro Pacific Capital CEO/Chief Global Strategist, talked about the proposed Cyprus “bail-in” despite Cyrpiot bank accounts having deposit insurance in his March 18 entry on The Schiff Report YouTube video blog. Schiff, who correctly-called the 2008 global economic crisis and U.S. housing bust, warned viewers:
You know, ultimately, the same thing is going to happen in the United States. We’ve got deposit insurance here in America. But eventually, we’re going to be faced with a similar problem. When interest rates rise, and big banks fail, the FDIC doesn’t have the money for a bailout. And, if the Fed is tightening, the Treasury doesn’t have the money to bail anybody out. So, we’re going to be in the same situation.
Schiff sees the Cyprus fiasco as being bullish for gold. He added yesterday:
I think, first of all, that this is a very positive development for gold. Now, the reason for that is that bank deposits are at risk. And if you think your money is at risk in a bank and you pull it out, what are you going to do with it? Well, putting it in gold is a great alternative. In fact, if you had euros deposited in a Cyprus bank, now you’ve lost about 10 percent, close to 10 percent of the value of those deposits, or 10 percent of your euros. But if you had gold in a safety deposit box in a Cyprus bank, you haven’t lost an ounce. So the people who have gold are whole, and those who have euros, or other currencies you had on deposit, but they’ve had a loss. So this highlights the safe haven aspect of gold.
“Insured Bank Deposits At Risk, America Burns While Obama Golfs”
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
(Editor’s notes: Info added to “Crash Prophets” page; I am not responsible for any personal liability, loss, or risk incurred as a consequence of the use and application, either directly or indirectly, of any information presented herein.)
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
7,633 Unique Visitors 11/13
339,902 Unique Visitors
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Peter Schiff Predicts Effect On Consumers When Bond, Stock, And Real Estate Bubbles Pop
- Repeal Of Illinois ‘Temporary’ Income Tax Hikes Questioned
- Quote For The Week
- Resource Of The Week: Slickguns.com
- Signs Of The Time, Part 72
- November Jobs Report ‘Rather Sucked’?
- Retired CPD Sergeant And TouchVision Crime Reporter Calls Out Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel And Pals
- Welfare Recipient: ‘Can You Really Blame Us? I Mean, I Get To Sit Home, I Get To Go Visit My Friends All Day, I Even Get To Smoke Weed’
- Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Jim Rogers: ‘The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’
- Chad Fulton on Gun Registration Often Leads To Confiscation, As New Yorkers Find Out Once More
- Rob Dawg on 15 Fukushima-Style Nuclear Power Plants Located In New Madrid Fault Zone
- Rob Dawg on Peter Schiff Predicts More QE In 2014 Will Prevent Stock Bear Market
- Editor on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- Rob Dawg on Cyber Monday Sales That Might Interest You
- The Man on ‘Mancow’ Moves Family Out Of ‘Unlivable’ Chicago
- Editor on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Editor on Time To Bug Out?
- Miranda Horton on Illinois State Police Gun Ranges Open To Deer Hunters November 16 For Test-Firing Shotguns
- Ivan on Time To Bug Out?