Here’s the latest in the debate in Illinois over legally carrying concealed firearms. From the Chicago Tribune website this morning:
Concealed weapons: A court ruling has forced the General Assembly to rewrite the state’s law on carrying concealed weapons. A proposal pending in the Illinois House would allow concealed carry in the state but impose many restrictions, such as banning concealed weapons in casinos, restaurants and bars, and on mass-transit buses and trains. The Illinois Senate is trying to fashion legislation of its own.
And who out there remembers my post from earlier in the month about Illinois State Representative Jim Sacia (R-89th District) and a point he made about gun “control” on the House floor during a February CCW discussion?
Does the word “castration” ring a bell?
“Jim Sacia, castration and IL gun laws.mp4”
Well, the former FBI agent from Pecatonica recently wrote a piece on the topic (concealed carry, not castration) which appeared on The Journal-Standard (Freeport) website yesterday morning. Here’s an excerpt:
Here is what is so unfortunate — Speaker Madigan has his Chicago-area Democrats completely under his wing. One of them, who shall remain anonymous for obvious reasons, came over to me and thanked me for voting no on the amendment which he introduced. He wants concealed carry. His amendment failed which he wanted…
Here is the paradox: many from Chicago who vote on this issue secretly, sometimes openly, support concealed carry. They fear the consequences of a no vote.
Welcome to Madiganistan.
Insightful stuff, which you can read in its entirety on the newspaper’s website here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Concealed carry, gay marriage: Updates on Illinois legislation.” Chicago Tribune. 23 Mar. 2013. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-legislature-break-issues-0324-20130324,0,480444.story). 23 Mar. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
11,976 Visits in June
454,328 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- Final Vote Next Tuesday On Niles, Illinois, Gun Store And Range
- Does Robert Shiller See ‘Froth’ In U.S. Housing And Stocks?
- USGS Updates National Seismic Hazard Maps
- Downtown Chicago Could Receive Resilient Electric Grid
- Peter Schiff On Gold: ‘We’re Going To Have A Big Rally Probably Beginning Here In The Second Half Of 2014’
- Detroit Police Chief: ‘Good Detroiters Are Armed And Will Use That Weapon’
- Chicago Train Passengers Robbed At Gunpoint
- Jim Rogers: Some Currencies, Real Assets Could Shine When Coming Bust Arrives
- Illinois Governor Pushes Ban On ‘Assault Weapons,’ ‘High-Capacity’ Ammo Magazines
- Chicago’s Gun ‘Control’ Fetish Costing City Big Bucks
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Not Prepared: 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out By The Coming Economic Collapse | All Self-Sustained on The Percentage Of Adult Americans That Own Investment Gold Is…
- Editor on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana
- Editor on Video: SHTF In Venezuela
- tj & the bear on Deadly MERS Virus Lands In Chicago, Discovered In Indiana