Here’s the latest in the debate in Illinois over legally carrying concealed firearms. From the Chicago Tribune website this morning:
Concealed weapons: A court ruling has forced the General Assembly to rewrite the state’s law on carrying concealed weapons. A proposal pending in the Illinois House would allow concealed carry in the state but impose many restrictions, such as banning concealed weapons in casinos, restaurants and bars, and on mass-transit buses and trains. The Illinois Senate is trying to fashion legislation of its own.
And who out there remembers my post from earlier in the month about Illinois State Representative Jim Sacia (R-89th District) and a point he made about gun “control” on the House floor during a February CCW discussion?
Does the word “castration” ring a bell?
“Jim Sacia, castration and IL gun laws.mp4”
Well, the former FBI agent from Pecatonica recently wrote a piece on the topic (concealed carry, not castration) which appeared on The Journal-Standard (Freeport) website yesterday morning. Here’s an excerpt:
Here is what is so unfortunate — Speaker Madigan has his Chicago-area Democrats completely under his wing. One of them, who shall remain anonymous for obvious reasons, came over to me and thanked me for voting no on the amendment which he introduced. He wants concealed carry. His amendment failed which he wanted…
Here is the paradox: many from Chicago who vote on this issue secretly, sometimes openly, support concealed carry. They fear the consequences of a no vote.
Welcome to Madiganistan.
Insightful stuff, which you can read in its entirety on the newspaper’s website here.
By Christopher E. Hill, Editor
Survival And Prosperity (www.survivalandprosperity.com)
“Concealed carry, gay marriage: Updates on Illinois legislation.” Chicago Tribune. 23 Mar. 2013. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-legislature-break-issues-0324-20130324,0,480444.story). 23 Mar. 2013.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Christopher E. Hill, Editor
12,096 Visits in July
466,424 Visits from
Please Rate this Blog HERE
- The Coming Major Terrorist Attack On The U.S.
- General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Retired General And FOX News Analyst: ‘We May Even See On 9/11/14 MH370 Resurface Again’
- Former CIA Director: Islamic State Attack On U.S. ‘Will Come Probably Sooner Rather Than Later’
- Thoughts On Concealed-Carry Permits And Their Relation To ‘Falling’ Chicago Crime
- Reminder To Californians
- Quote For The Week
- Posting Resumes Next Week
- 2015 Old Farmer’s Almanac Predicts ‘Super-Cold’ Winter For Eastern Two-Thirds Of U.S.
- Signs Of The Time, Part 76
- Editor on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Jason on General McInerney’s September 7 Mystery Book Revealed?
- Editor on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Nick Aragua on Islamic State Flag ‘Displayed’ Outside White House
- Editor on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Derek @ MoneyAhoy.com on 82 Shot, 14 Killed In Chicago Over Long July 4 Weekend
- Editor on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- tj & the bear on Dick Cheney Warns Of Massive Terrorist Attack On U.S. Before Decade Is Out
- Editor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?
- Bill Taylor on U.S. Senator Michelle Obama (D-IL)?